PDA

View Full Version : More on wall alignments

adegnan
2004-02-07, 07:20 AM
OK. I read recent posts from many of you describing how locking walls to grid lines and locking stacked walls to each other slows down the program by creating additional constraints. It seems that several of you have indicated that your stacked walls automatically move with each other if they are aligned.

I just started my first new project in 60 and I am not getting that result. I need to lock my walls to the grid lines in order to get them to follow each other.

That is the way I've always done it; it doesn't bother me. But I do question why I am getting a different result than others described; or, did I just misunderstand you?

I'll keep aligning and locking walls to grids if I need to, but I thought it would certainly be a little quicker if I didn't need to always go through that align command, and if indeed the system works more efficiently without those constraints.

Thx.

beegee
2004-02-07, 07:38 AM
I was also a bit surprised after reading This Topic (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2260&highlight=stacked), since I have always followed the method you mention, Abe.

I tried some tests in 6.0 and could not get stacked walls to auto align either ( ie without align lock to each other or grid or RP ).
I didn't get back to it though.... thought I was missing something too.

irwin
2004-02-08, 03:09 AM
If you create stacked walls by sketching one on top of the other they are not automatically aligned. If you create them by splitting a taller wall using the Split tool, the resulting walls are automatically aligned.

beegee
2004-02-08, 03:37 AM
Ahhh, therein lies the rub...

Thanks for the clarification , Irwin.