PDA

View Full Version : Multiple stairs for skatepark

jason.74650
2005-08-24, 06:24 PM
Hello

I am trying to model a skate park for a client in Revit. So far everything is going great using topo surfaces to define the sloping areas of concrete. Where I am running into trouble is inputing stairs. There are about 20 concrete stairs all at different starting heights and different shapes. I don't have a problem creating the shape of the stair but i cant seem to match the slope of the adjacent ramp. All of the stairs are 12 inch treads but the risers vary and some are over 8 inches....I am told that they don't have to be to code as they are considered "obstacles" I have included a graphic to show my problem. If anyone has any ideas how i can match the ramp slope could you please point me in the right direction

I hope i don't have to set floor levels to the base of each stair or there will be 20 floor levels within 5 feet.

Thank you in advance

Jason

sbrown
2005-08-24, 07:12 PM
I would use inplace sweep families. or don't use the run properties of the stair editor, just use the riser tool and boundary tool to define the stair.

whilgendorf
2005-08-24, 07:14 PM
Another thing you could try is setting a level at the top and bottom of where you want the stairs. Then when you go to create your stairs set the base level at the bottom and the top level at the top then sketch in your stairs

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-24, 07:34 PM
Life in Revit can get pretty confusing if you have too many levels though... esp if you create plan views of those levels!

jason.74650
2005-08-24, 11:52 PM
Thanks for your help! I will give your suggestions a try.

All the best

Jason

gbrowne
2005-08-25, 07:34 AM
Rather than multiple levels, just use offsets from the one level.

And let us see the skatepark once its finished.

http://www.skateplaza.com/plaza_main.asp

Have you seen this?