PDA

View Full Version : Stair Handrails.....

mes.84998
2005-08-25, 11:31 AM
I downloaded the handrail extensions from the web library and loaded them into my project. When I try to use the 'start extension' with a guardrail and handrail system the 'start extension' positions itself on the guard rather than the handrail. Is there a way to have the extension work on the handrail and not the guard?

I tried modifying the extension family by moving the extension over the 3" required to align the extension with the handrail but the extension would only move in the vertical direction.

Any tips would be appreciated. I tried the search but did not find an answer that would help me out.

Thanks,
Mark

Rhythmick
2005-08-25, 02:12 PM
I haven't used the extension but from your explaination I would assume it's purpose is to make a horizontal section at the ends as is sometimes needed.
You can extend the handrail by selecing it, using edit and drag the end of the rail to where you want it. You do not need to use the extension family.

mbeauvais
2006-07-27, 04:34 PM
I am trying to add the same extenions to a handrail and cannot get them to appear at all. Feedback on attaching the extensions and attaching them to the handrail of a guardrail system would be greatly appreciated. Revit is new to me.