PDA

View Full Version : What? I can't schedule info from a linked .rvt file?!?

Bryan Harder
2005-08-25, 01:23 PM
I am looking for solutions! I have a large site (as it's own revit file) and I am linking a handful of different buildings in the site. Each building file will ultimately serve as construction documents, but I would like to create an area schedule in the site file that lists boundaries created in the building files. Can this happen? Am I making sense?

BWG
2005-08-25, 01:31 PM
I am looking for solutions! I have a large site (as it's own revit file) and I am linking a handful of different buildings in the site. Each building file will ultimately serve as construction documents, but I would like to create an area schedule in the site file that lists boundaries created in the building files. Can this happen? Am I making sense?

8.1 should be able to do it.

Bryan Harder
2005-08-25, 01:32 PM
Using 8.1, and no such luck.

aaronrumple
2005-08-25, 01:39 PM
Check the box at the bottom of the schedule's properties field tab - "[X] Include Elements in linked files"

(You may want to add some shared parameters to objects if you are looking to sort by building...)

Bryan Harder
2005-08-25, 01:42 PM
aaronrumple - thanks! Can't believe I didn't see that.

aaronrumple
2005-08-25, 01:44 PM
It really would be nice for our housing projects if this feature would ID the objects by the file name/project name or something so we could do more comprehensive schedules.

christopher.zoog51272
2005-08-25, 03:20 PM
It really would be nice for our housing projects if this feature would ID the objects by the file name/project name or something so we could do more comprehensive schedules.
I agree, good one for the wish list.

Graham Briggs
2006-07-14, 01:42 AM
Many months later....!!!!!

Any news on this front? In RB9, I need to schedule areas (Living, Garage, Patios, Porches, private Open Space, etc.) for a Condo project with 2+ unit plans linked into a [master] Site model. I have the schedule, with the linked areas showing, but I can't sort /group them by Unit Plan type and Unit ID.

Any thoughts?

TIA,
Graham

Elmo
2006-07-14, 09:16 AM
This doesn't seem possible yet. Still one for the wishlist Graham.

Steve_Stafford
2006-07-15, 04:35 AM
I must be misunderstanding something. When you include elements in linked files Revit adds another category Project Information to choose from. Maybe I better check how old this thread is?