PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Casement Windows

J-G
2003-05-19, 08:08 PM
has anyone already made a marvin window family? I wanted to check before I created one from scratch. If you have created one, will you share it?

Thanks

J Giebeler

sbrown
2003-05-29, 04:03 PM
couldn't you use the window all mfg from the rugi site?

J-G
2003-05-29, 07:50 PM
Thanks Scott...that is what I ended up doing.

Father-of-Ten
2004-10-01, 05:05 PM
Thanks Scott...that is what I ended up doing.

Jon

I work for Marvin Windows & Doors in the Software Support division. I just transfered from another department and one of my first projects will be working to get our drawing library into a 3D library. I have been looking at Revit and ADT but am in the planning stages right now. We do have some of the the Integrity products available on our website now and will be expanding this in the future.

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-01, 05:53 PM
I have been looking at Revit and ADT but am in the planning stages right now.
GREAT!! This is welcome news...if/when you need any help, be sure to let us know.

You might consider speaking with and/or meeting our Abe Degnan, currently a big fan of Andersen Windows. He's created a lot of Andersen window families on his own and shared them here. Maybe you could lure him away from his beloved Andersen windows...get his window orders (he's a contractor) AND help building content???:-) A true WIN/WIN...and a WIN for "us" too...

Cathy Hadley
2004-10-01, 06:58 PM
WooHoo... this is great news... Welcome on the Revit Band Wagon

mlgatzke
2004-10-01, 08:37 PM
. . . You might consider speaking with and/or meeting our Abe Degnan
Steve,

Getting Abe involved would be a GREAT idea. Not only for Andersen, but for Revit users as well. Abe could really help Marvin develop a Revit library pumped full of useful information and highly parametric. Definitely a win/win situation for everyone. Everyone, that is, except Andersen.

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-01, 09:44 PM
...except Andersen...oh..wink...wink...using the ol competitive motivation eh wink wink...

adegnan
2004-10-01, 10:27 PM
Well... one of my missions in life is to conquer the whole world :evil: with Andersen products by providing Andersen-specific content in Revit. I figure that as Revit conquers the design world, if Andersen product is all over the place, naturally Andersen will conquer the world as well!

So providing other content could really spoil my plans...:p

On the other hand, if a company wanted to pay me... I could sell my soul! :veryevil:

adegnan
2004-10-03, 02:05 AM
Oh, yes, I do want all of you to learn as well! (That's why I've been posting some monologue on experiences and methodology.) So you can all learn from it and improve on it.

I always want those who learn from me to do it better than I can do myself.

mlgatzke
2004-10-03, 10:23 PM
Jon Giebeler,

If this thread is discouraging enough for you or you just don't have the time to build a library of Marvin windows, I have a library of their Casemaster series with catalog files and the Excel files for the catalogs. However, it's too large to post here (3.5MB). So, if you're interested please PM me and I'll email it to you directly. Warning, I'm sure that there are some minor problems with this library (and the muntins aren't parametric yet), but they'll probably "work". It's one of the first libraries I built.

I'm not trying to say that any of you have been discouraging. I'm just trying to provide another solution.

bclarch
2006-06-20, 09:07 PM
Jon

I work for Marvin Windows & Doors in the Software Support division. I just transfered from another department and one of my first projects will be working to get our drawing library into a 3D library. I have been looking at Revit and ADT but am in the planning stages right now. We do have some of the the Integrity products available on our website now and will be expanding this in the future.
Any progress on this front? I received Marvin's summer newsletter. It mentions a new library of objects for SoftPlan but nothing about Revit. Marvin's website allows you to download the "Marvin Design System" (follow this link. (http://www.marvin.com/default.aspx?page=MDS)) which appears to support 3D output for Autocad. (See reference to 3D in lower portion of right hand column on the web page.)

This leads to the following question for you power users out there. How practical is it to import a 3D Autocad drawing into a Revit family to create content? Would it be worth downloading the Marvin Design System to create 3D Autocad versions of the windows on an "as needed" basis and pop them into a window family even if they weren't parametric?

bclarch
2006-09-19, 05:39 PM
This leads to the following question for you power users out there. How practical is it to import a 3D Autocad drawing into a Revit family to create content? Would it be worth downloading the Marvin Design System to create 3D Autocad versions of the windows on an "as needed" basis and pop them into a window family even if they weren't parametric?
Is quoting yourself as bad as talking to yourself? Just re-visiting this issue to see if anyone has any feedback.

Father-of-Ten
2006-10-10, 06:48 PM
Any progress on this front? I received Marvin's summer newsletter. It mentions a new library of objects for SoftPlan but nothing about Revit. Marvin's website allows you to download the "Marvin Design System" (follow this link. (http://www.marvin.com/default.aspx?page=MDS)) which appears to support 3D output for Autocad. (See reference to 3D in lower portion of right hand column on the web page.)

Hello Robert
I have created a library for ADT, but nothing for Revit...Yet. That is on the schedule but not sure how long that will take. Can Revit take content from ADT and use it? Just wondering. Thanks

DoTheBIM
2006-10-18, 07:53 PM
Can Revit take content from ADT and use it? Just wondering. ThanksNot with any intelligence. As a place holder... yes.

Father-of-Ten
2006-10-18, 07:55 PM
Not with any intelligence. As a place holder... yes.

That's what I understand. So I would think that it does not have any real value. I am hoping to start working on the Families soon, maybe next month...