PDA

View Full Version : Moving elements to sheet

E-Key
2005-08-26, 03:56 PM
Hi all,
I create a description of wall, so I created a Legend, put wall plan view and added details and comments. Now I decided to move all description from legend to sheet. But occurs the message "Elements copied to Sheets can only be copied from other Sheets." Why Revit doesn't allow to place elements onto sheets from other views? I can't realize the Revit conception in this case.
May be there is some way to move elements and avoid redrawing?

aaronrumple
2005-08-26, 04:41 PM
The plan view of the wall is something that can only exist in a legend view (...or of course a model view, like a plan.) It cannot exist in a 2D drafting view. All of the notes and other drafted items could be moved to another view - just not the plan of the wall.

The solution is put the legend on the sheet.

E-Key
2005-08-26, 06:17 PM
The solution is put the legend on the sheet.
In my project legend is on the sheet. And I want to recombine objects and move some drawing elements (lines and comments) from legend to sheet. All these elements are able to be drawn on the sheet. Why I can't paste its from clipboard? I can't understand this Revit idea.

LRaiz
2005-08-26, 06:44 PM
A wall can not exist on a sheet. You said that your selection contains walls.

E-Key
2005-08-26, 07:18 PM
A wall can not exist on a sheet. You said that your selection contains walls.I'm trying to place only one text note through clipboard. It's impossible. :(
May be a reason is in my Revit 8 and this issue is fixed in version 8.1?