PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic Detail Reference in a Text Box?

cek
2005-08-26, 04:12 PM
Is it possible to make a dynamic detail reference in a text box?

I often run into the need to call a detail reference in a text box or keynote / note block schedule. Can such a procedure be called similar to the section and callout "Reference Other View" operation.

I searched the Tips & Tricks forum but probably used the wrong word references and I suspect I'm not the first to ask this question.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have on this topic.

aaronrumple
2005-08-26, 04:25 PM
No - it would be nice if you could do an HREF in a text string. Since Word/Excel are going XML - so shouldn't Revit's text.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-08-26, 09:31 PM
A bit of a workaround, but it is possible.

If you are selective about how your text is formatted you can place a view callout, referenced to another view, and grab the grips on the crop region to 'shrink' it so it disappears into the tag.

You can create a new callout family without the 'SIM' label or a smaller size if that's the preference. Obviously this callout won't move if the text is reformatted but it does work. I'm assuming it will also export into a multi-page PDf or DWF file so the link is maintained.

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-26, 09:34 PM
Ooo that's a good one, D.

You could have a custom head that even fits in more into the text line, too.

Scott D Davis
2005-08-26, 11:00 PM
I just tried making a custom head, with text only, in the 1/A2.1 format. (no "bubble") I loaded it into my project, made a new callout head type under Settings>View Tags>Callout Tags, and tried to use it in a callout. No matter what I try, it will not let me use the callout head with any type of callout!

rgesner
2006-12-22, 07:53 PM
Oh, so close yet so far. I can create and place a callout referencing another view, without graphics so it looks like 2/A8.2, putting it over a gap spaced out in a text note or keynote. However, the callout tag used is tied to the the callout tag tied to the other view referenced, so both callouts either look like the 2/A8.2 string or like the normal callout bubble.

See wishlist item
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=620409#post620409