PDA

View Full Version : Revit 8.1 Very slow to open

sbrown
2005-08-26, 04:41 PM
I just reinstalled 8.1 from the Revit series disc. Set up my network deploy. All is well but it seems to take a long time to open. I even use a default template which is just a splash screen only 156kb in size. We have distributed licenses set up. Could that be the issue?

Note it is still slow even after it has been opened and closed, In the past it seemed that after the first opening it was quick.

Wes Macaulay
2005-08-26, 05:38 PM
No problem here -- though we still get the first time opening slowness that you get with 8.0 (or even AutoCAD for that matter).

Steven Campbell
2005-08-26, 06:46 PM
Scott,
If you change Revit to a demo (removing the networking license) does it start up faster? If it does it is most likely the license manger or the connection to it. You can stop and restart the license service on the server or reboot the server if it is a windows network connectivity issue. With a distributed license server setup Revit is most likely checking the first server for a license, waiting if it doesn't responded it checks the next.

Steve

jbalding48677
2005-08-26, 08:50 PM
Scott -

Public Notice...

I just installed (per Danny P's instructions) and fired up 8.1 and it opened similar to opening 8.0. I am running distributed with the same stack (NEWPORT first though). I would say try Steve's suggestion. Talk to Danny first...

- JB

sbrown
2005-08-26, 08:55 PM
Thanks all, JB I'll talk with Danny.