PDA

View Full Version : fill pattern on curved wall

mikemck
2005-08-28, 09:11 PM
On a flat wall I can use the align tool to shift a fill pattern.

This doesn't seem to work on a curved wall.

Is there a way to shift the fill pattern on a curved wall?

Thanks.

Mike

mikemck
2005-08-28, 09:22 PM
It happens to be a cmu wall. If I select one of the lines in the pattern, I seem to be able to move it vertically but not horizontally. Of course the way I want to move it is horizontal.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike

beegee
2005-08-29, 04:51 AM
The align tool does not appear to work correctly for a model pattern placed on a curved surface, however, tabbing should allow selection of a horizontal line which can be manually relocated when selected.

mikemck
2005-08-29, 03:59 PM
Bruce,

Thank you for your reply.

With a cmu pattern it is mostly the vertical lines that I want to move horizontally. I don't seem to be able to do that.

Mike

Rhythmick
2005-08-29, 04:44 PM
I had a project with lots of curved walls that would not show a pattern (model) on the finish layers at all (except when rendered), did I give up too easy?

beegee
2005-08-29, 10:25 PM
Should be the same deal.

Can you post a file with just the wall and pattern ?

Bruce,

Thank you for your reply.

With a cmu pattern it is mostly the vertical lines that I want to move horizontally. I don't seem to be able to do that.

Mike

joshd
2007-05-10, 03:38 PM
I have the same problem with patterns on curved walls. I can't seem to shift a simple square pattern horizontally on a curved wall. I have experimented with both the "Align Tool" method and just simply moving the hatch. Any ideas?

mcuevas
2007-07-03, 04:31 PM
I'm having the same issues on a stone wall, is there any way to do this? Judging by the responses to this post, this seems to be something Revit can not do yet I take it...

mabrey
2007-07-03, 05:24 PM
I don't see what the problem is. I just placed a curved wall in a temp project and was able to select the vertical and horizontal 'grid' of the surface pattern just fine, whether I used the align or move tool. See highlighted line in attached picture. Isn't this what you're after, or am misinterpreting?

-Jon

edit: On second thought, the built -in tools don't seem to work but you can drag the pattern lines and move them manually up or down. Just hold down shift while moving it to constrain horizontally.

pdickman
2007-07-23, 05:18 PM
Has anyone managed to shift the pattern left to right? (as opposed to up and down)

thanks.

Mr Spot
2007-07-23, 11:02 PM
Just tab select one of the lines in the pattern and just move it. I seem to be able to move every pattern up/down, left/right just fine, providing its a model pattern...

TroyGates
2007-07-24, 12:23 AM
Heres the hint on how to do this...

It has to be a distance of more than 1 repeat of the pattern.

pdickman
2007-07-24, 03:52 PM
I am obviously patterned challenged. I still cannot move a cmu pattern left to right. I'm using REVIT Architecture 2008. I've attached a file of a curved cmu wall. I must be missing something???

BIM BAM BOOM
2008-07-17, 09:40 PM
Correct you are missing something!
Don't use the move command!
Just drag the grid and drop it to a value superior than the increment.

mostafa90
2010-10-25, 06:44 AM
yeah me too , it didn't work. even a tiled patern like ceramic for example it didn't move horizontally.. should we ask for a wish list or there is a way we can't figuer it out...:(

mostafa90
2011-01-15, 08:20 PM
well guys I've figured it out. just use the rotation tool in the 3D i guess this will help

dwebber
2011-05-29, 10:56 PM
Has anyone else tried this in 2012 yet? I had been using the rotate option with some success in 2011 but now the drag more than one increment trick doesn't work and neither does the rotate in 3d? The drag trick kind of works but it only moves the horizontal lines and leaves vertical lines, when you don't hold shift that is.