PDA

View Full Version : MAJOR ROOF (JAM)

philipnoland
2005-08-29, 07:12 PM
Is there any way to do a barrel roof besides extrusions?
I need to do some trimming so that my roofs do not conflict with a door I am trying to place. I cannot trim on roof without the barrel unjoining, b/c the barrel is extruded this makes my problem impossible to solve.

In short:
I want my roof's to join on the exterior but not fully connect on the interior. We will overframe the area so we have a clean ceiling and that awfull looking connection is hidden from view.

aaronrumple
2005-08-29, 07:15 PM
You can "trim" an extruded roof by placing an opening in the roof. This will probably do what you are looking for and still Keep the joins. Post an example?

philipnoland
2005-08-29, 07:32 PM
I have tried that doesn't seem to cooperate very well. The barrel gets out of the way but is dependent on the face of the roof.

philipnoland
2005-08-29, 07:35 PM
HERE IS A SECTION

wildcat_714
2005-08-29, 07:48 PM
When you tried to trim the roof did you use the cut plan profile command? If so try creating a void and using the cut geometry tool. Either making an extrusion in plan or a blend in elevation should give you the result you are looking for. And If you arent happy with that just save your time and use the linework and filled region tool in the section.
p-

aaronrumple
2005-08-29, 07:50 PM
Yep. Just an opening is all you need. You have everything else in place.

<wouldn't do a void - those can get messy.>

wildcat_714
2005-08-29, 07:59 PM
I agree about the void, just offering another option since he said his first attempt diddnt cooperate with what he wanted.
p-

philipnoland
2005-08-29, 09:22 PM
The cut plan profile work well. I tried creating an opening but the barrel roof was still dependent on the main roof.

Thanks for taking the splinter out.