PDA

View Full Version : Middle Button acting all weird on me

BrenBren
2005-08-30, 09:22 PM
OK, I have my middle button set to pop up the osnap menu (mbuttonpan = 0). I have recently customized the osnap menu to include the realtime pan and realtime zoom commands. I have the best of both worlds, sort of, in that I have my osnap on my middle button, which I like, and I can easily access realtime pan and zoom through the middle button as well.

Since I have made this change (and I don't think it happened immediately after I made the change), when I click the middle button, a "messed up" right click menu will appear. This doesn't happen immediately after starting AutoCAD, rather after I have been working for a while. I have yet been able to replicate it is exactly, but it happening frequently. I have to shut down AutoCAD and restart it to get my middle button working again.

Any ideas?

RobertB
2005-08-31, 06:57 PM
I've got no bright ideas, sorry.

BrenBren
2005-08-31, 07:23 PM
I've got no bright ideas, sorry.
:shock: Come on, I was counting on you... ~sigh~

anyone else??

Tom Beauford
2005-09-01, 03:57 PM
I don't reconise that menu. Some version of the Default Menu under Shortcut Menus? What's with the Power prefixes? Make sure the "Element ID" for "Repeat %s" is "ID_CMNonLast". It is probably a placeholder for "Recent Input".

BrenBren
2005-09-01, 04:28 PM
I don't reconise that menu. Some version of the Default Menu under Shortcut Menus? What's with the Power prefixes? Make sure the "Element ID" for "Repeat %s" is "ID_CMNonLast". It is probably a placeholder for "Recent Input".
Erm, in English please :)

It is the menu from AutoCAD Mechanical 2006.

The first image is NOT what I want. Let me try to explain better. Middle click brings up the Osnap menu, standard from AutoCAD with a few changes to it. After using it for a while, it stops working and brings up a messed up version of what I see when I do a normal right click (the second image).

Clear as mud?

BrenBren
2005-09-02, 02:19 PM
Well, after some playing around, I have found that I can duplicate the steps that cause the error. It is actually a very simple thing. If someone else can check this and see if they get the same error, I'd appreciate it..

I draw a line, I select it. I right click on it, escape (which closes the right click menu, but leaves the line still selected). If I then middle click, the messed up menu shows up.

mbuttonpan is set to 0 (so the osnap menu comes up on the middle click)

bjlottis
2005-09-08, 04:43 PM
I was able to replicate your error. UGH.

And I'm using F4 shortcut to access this menu due to other CUI vs. Snap Menu issues.

Good Luck.

BrenBren
2005-09-08, 05:09 PM
I was able to replicate your error. UGH.

And I'm using F4 shortcut to access this menu due to other CUI vs. Snap Menu issues.

Good Luck.
I think I'll report this as a bug to Autodesk...see what they can come up with.

Thanks for the verification, and for letting me know that I am not entirely crazy ;)

jgratton
2005-10-13, 06:30 PM
I think I'll report this as a bug to Autodesk...see what they can come up with.

Thanks for the verification, and for letting me know that I am not entirely crazy ;)

Have you heard anything from AutoDesk yet? I think my user's problem is similar. We have customized cuis as our main cui for two user groups. I cannot get osnaps set up on the wheel with mbutton=0. You get no function at all with a single hold, and zoom extents on a double-click.

I can only get this setup to work for a third usergroup that uses the default acad.cui as their main cui.

What so you think the answer will be in the short-term, "Live with it"? How can I quickly find out if and when it will be addressed?

If my only option is to redo the customized cuis the user groups will not be very happy campers.

bjlottis
2005-10-13, 06:36 PM
Have you installed all the Service Packs? The latest one fixed this problem for me. My middle button works fine now.

BrenBren
2005-10-13, 06:37 PM
Have you heard anything from AutoDesk yet? I think my user's problem is similar. We have customized cuis as our main cui for two user groups. I cannot get osnaps set up on the wheel with mbutton=0. You get no function at all with a single hold, and zoom extents on a double-click.

I can only get this setup to work for a third usergroup that uses the default acad.cui as their main cui.

What so you think the answer will be in the short-term, "Live with it"? How can I quickly find out if and when it will be addressed?

If my only option is to redo the customized cuis the user groups will not be very happy campers.
Hi Janet,

We weren't able to come up with a feasible solution. It seems to be something with the CUI, but I am not sure what. Right now I am working around it, because I am supposed to be getting a new computer. I've kind of put the problem on hold for the time being... I am pretty sure the problem arose from modifying my CUI, but I am not sure why...

sorry...

jgratton
2005-10-13, 08:17 PM
Have you installed all the Service Packs? The latest one fixed this problem for me. My middle button works fine now.

What cuis do you load in your profile? Just acad.cui or custom ones?

RobertB
2005-10-13, 08:48 PM
Even if I didn't have any bright ideas at first, I wonder if this is related to the way AutoCAD stores information about shortcut menus in the registry.

Give this a shot, if you dare:

Copy all the shortcut menus into either your main or enterprise cui file. Once you have done that, use the Menu command to make that cui file the only loaded "menu". After you have done that, return your cui structure back to the way it was originally.

Let me know if this worked, or you just said "forget it!"

jgratton
2005-10-13, 09:33 PM
Even if I didn't have any bright ideas at first, I wonder if this is related to the way AutoCAD stores information about shortcut menus in the registry.

Give this a shot, if you dare:

Copy all the shortcut menus into either your main or enterprise cui file. Once you have done that, use the Menu command to make that cui file the only loaded "menu". After you have done that, return your cui structure back to the way it was originally.

Let me know if this worked, or you just said "forget it!"

Hello Robert! We meet here again. Just to update you on my cuis status: In the end I started from scratch with a new empty cui I called rocket2006. I dragged EVERYTHING from acad.cui into it, then dragged in all the relevant code (ROCKETCAD toolbars, pulldowns, legacy stuff) that was converted from Release 2000 Rocket.mnu into Rocket.cui.

So rocket2006 is the one and only cui and it is local (for now at least). I have a backup for anyone that corrupts theirs.

So because of the method I used from the start, I don't think your suggestion applies in my case. I am watching this page with great interest to see how others or Autodesk resolves all these cui issues that are beginning to pop up.

I wonder if the shortcuts have to appear in both the main and the enterprise cuis and that acad has to be the main one. Think that could work?

If anyone can get to the bottom of it, I believe you can. Thanks

RobertB
2005-10-14, 05:55 AM
...So because of the method I used from the start, I don't think your suggestion applies in my case. I am watching this page with great interest to see how others or Autodesk resolves all these cui issues that are beginning to pop up.

I wonder if the shortcuts have to appear in both the main and the enterprise cuis and that acad has to be the main one. Think that could work?
Since you only have one cui file, go ahead and use the Menu command. I'm curious if that will make a difference. It certainly won't hurt things.

On your other questions... no they don't, no it doesn't, and no, that won't help.

I worked with a couple of folks at Autodesk about shortcut menus, and the heart of the issue is how AutoCAD stores what it considers to be the shortcut menus to the registry. AutoCAD finds the first shortcut menu (OOTB, this would be Acad.cui) and then only stores the shortcut menus in that particular cui file to the registry. After that, AutoCAD only looks in the registry for shortcut menus. So when you use the Menu command on a lone cui file, AutoCAD is forced to read those menus. You can then restore your desired cui structure and the shortcut menus work.

jgratton
2005-10-14, 09:04 PM
Since you only have one cui file, go ahead and use the Menu command. I'm curious if that will make a difference. It certainly won't hurt things.

I did as you said. It didn't hurt but it didn't help either. Has it been officially reported to Autodesk as a bug? Do I need to report it? What are the chances of getting the answer in Orlando? (my first time at AU)

RobertB
2005-10-16, 10:41 PM
I did as you said. It didn't hurt but it didn't help either. Has it been officially reported to Autodesk as a bug? Do I need to report it? What are the chances of getting the answer in Orlando? (my first time at AU)Certainly report the issue. The more complaints about a particular problem the quicker it gets addressed. You can ask the developers there at AU, so maybe they can help at that time.