PDA

View Full Version : Loading profile for railing editor

dgraue
2005-08-31, 06:46 PM
I have loaded a new profile into my project but when I go to my rails editor, that profile is not one of the options to select from the pull down. I simply modified a rail profile that was an option and I saved it under another name and loaded it into the project, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

dgraue
2005-09-01, 03:42 PM
What's strange is I've been able to put profiles into the railing editor before. Maybe I'm having a brain fade and I've forgotten a step. Can someone try to load a new profile for the railing command and let me know if it seems to work for you? Thanks.

sbrown
2005-09-01, 03:56 PM
post your profile. I have no problem adding profiles, note profiles now have diff. types, so make sure it is a rail profile you started with.

dgraue
2005-09-01, 05:55 PM
Ok, this is a glass rail panel I modified from one I created earlier (in 7.0) (see attached).
I have also attached the new profile.

Thanks.

dgraue
2005-09-06, 06:30 PM
I think I've found the problem. Even though you can create a family profile consisting of two separate rectangles (in this case) without a warning or error, you can not use this as a rail profile for some reason. You may only use a single closed loop as a railing profile. You can however use multiple loop profiles for wall sweeps, etc.