PDA

View Full Version : Arrangement of viewports

Jos Arpink
2005-08-31, 09:41 PM
How are others handling the arrangement of viewports on successive sheets? For example, in a multi-storey building, I like to have each plan land in exactly the same spot in their respective drawings (sorry, years of Autocad!). In Revit, there seem to be no tools to control the placement of similar viewports on succesive sheets, other than 'by eye'.

Threads on this in the Revit Building forum have me thinking that's the only way right now. Any feedback/tips/tricks appreciated, thanks.

Alex Page
2005-08-31, 10:40 PM
This has been brought up often in Revit Building, and wishlists as well. Seems to me 9in Revit Building anyway) that the best way is create a titleblock with grids on it (say call it A1-grid setup) , then once views positioned, 'swap' the titleblock to one without the grids

Jos Arpink
2005-09-06, 01:59 PM
Thanks Alex
That seems a reasonable workaround for the time being.

Scott D Davis
2005-09-06, 03:41 PM
I usually get one view (floor plan typically) set where i want it. Then activate the view and draw a model line in the view to a tick mark on our titleblock. (it wont snap to the tick in the titleblock, but zoom in and you can get close enough)

Then when I place the next plan on the next sheet, I can use the model line and align it to the tick, which positions the views in the same place.

bsuccar
2005-09-13, 07:35 AM
I can suggest two techniques:
You can create a base mark using detail lines in a sheet view, Cut to Clipboard, Edit the titleblock family, paste in place then reload...
A more permanent solution would be through adding grids inside the titleblock family...The grids are either on a titleblock sub-category (so that you turn the grid on/off per view) or have a Yes/No visibility parameter (so that you turn the grid on/off per project).

beegee
2005-09-13, 08:07 AM
Zeds came up with a brilliant solution for this - just turn on the workplane grid in the title block view, set the grid spacing to something like 10 - 20 mm ( real world ) and use that to align views.