PDA

View Full Version : Strange Autocad Viewport Problem

razorx1858
2004-02-10, 10:16 PM
Hi Folks,

I seem to be having a strange viewport problem in autocad with my imported Revit floorplans. When I'm in papaer space, everthing appears to look fine, the floorplan shows up in the viewport fine. HOWEVER, when I try to do a full preview plot, it just hangs and hangs. If I delete the viewport which shows the floorplan and create a new viewport with the same view, the full preview will generate in a couple of seconds and works fine! I can workaround this for a couple of drawings but if I need to output an entire revit project into autocad I don't have time to fuss with every viewport (deleting and re-creating). Anyone else having this problem? I tried several plot drivers and it does it for every one. I narrowed down the problem and it's definitely something to do with the viewport that Revit generates during the autocad export. :x

hand471037
2004-02-10, 11:58 PM
is it the same for ACAD 2000 & ACAD 2004 dwgs?

razorx1858
2004-02-11, 01:33 AM
It does it in 2000, 2004, and ADT. It doesn't do it to all the viewports, only the more complex floorplans.

scott.wilcox
2004-06-07, 06:19 PM
Perhaps the lag is due to generation of non-continuous linetypes.

As a check, set LTSCALE to some very large number, and try the preview again. Perhaps AutoCAD is taking time to regen those non-continuous lines.

Scott