PDA

View Full Version : Plan Region Problems

gibson.tim91884
2005-09-01, 06:43 PM
I've been having ongoing problems with plan regions. The latest is shown in the attached pictures.

The tiered floor goes up to 1800 mm above the main floor. The cut plane in the plan region is at 3200 mm, so it "should" work. If I delete the plan region, the same tiers appear, but the top two are cut instead of projected (which is what I would expect). The tiers are modelled as individual slabs, and they are in an imported Revit model with the rest of the floors and structure.

The other problem that I've had in the past is with stairs that start above the default cut plane for the view. They just don't show up, no matter what I do with the plan region.

So this leads me to believe that plan regions can't handle certain types of entities that start above the cut plane for the view that the plan region is drawn in, but I haven't found any confirmation or rebuttal for this.

Any thoughts? :banghead:

tatjana.dzambazova
2005-09-02, 10:47 PM
Hi Tim,
before that red faced man breaks his head hitting the brick wall :o) - can you please log this case with product Support or can you post the file so we can take a look at it?
if the file is up to 10mB you can post it on my email adress, otherwise, please log it with our support?
thanks so much
tanja
tatjana.dzambazova@autodesk.com

brendan.mac
2006-01-19, 01:37 AM
I have a similar problem that requires a deal of head-to-wall meditation.
The plan region seems to make the floor 'transparent' - meaning the footings and thickenings modelled can be seen through the slab - as if it were in wireframe view mode.
I have not as of yet found the combination of settings required to bring my floor back to normal 'hidden line' mode.
Any thoughts would also be of help...

brendan.mac
2006-01-19, 02:00 AM
Tim,

Have you tried changing the view properties/view range/top primary range to associated and then nominate a height above cutting plane?
For some reason, this fixed my 'transparency' problem with visibility in the floor plan - I have no idea why changing the height restrictions above the cutting plane would change the perceived view depth below the slab...