PDA

View Full Version : Changing levels of the project

harkeychad
2005-09-02, 11:54 AM
I still am on my first project and need to change the levels and do not understand the statement I found on old posts and have looked at the help files. Where can I find this elevation base to change to shared? Thanks for your help.

Levels have a property named 'Elevation Base' which is 'project' by default. If you change this property to 'shared' then you can change the 'level value' without moving the project to a different level. Try doing it!!!

E-Key
2005-09-02, 12:25 PM
Go to menu Settings->Locations and Coordinates. There are several commands to manage project location and elevation.

sbrown
2005-09-02, 01:01 PM
To add to the previous post.From elevation view you select the Tools >Project Position/Orientation(8.1) said something diff. in previous release>Relocate this Project then pick on your level line and drag up or down and type in the value you want to move the project.

harkeychad
2005-09-02, 03:10 PM
I am using version 7.1 and I went to settings-locations,coord-relocate this project and tried it. I first turned on all my levels and dimensioned them as well as locked them in. It did not work. I also tried to pick a level and move it up. that worked but the level marks stayed the same. When I tried to change the level, again that is when it would not work. I am at a loss? Any more insight would be helpful.

sbrown
2005-09-02, 08:01 PM
No need to dimension, lock or any of that. Just follow my previous instructions. 1. open an elevation view. 2. Select the relocate project tool, 3 . pick in the elevation drag up or down the desired amount.(you should see a little blink, but the numbers don't change) 4. pick on your level mark, right click >properties> change from project to shared and then your numbers on the level head will change.

iru69
2005-09-02, 10:17 PM
4. pick on your level mark, right click >properties> change from project to shared and then your numbers on the level head will change.
Just to clarify - when you right click properties - you then have to click Edit/New for the Family Type... and then Under Constraints, change Elevation Base from Project to Shared.

Allen Lacy
2005-09-14, 03:04 PM
Why is it that when I relocate a project from level 1 being 0'-0" to 601'-0" the topo doesn't change? I can get the contour labels to read correctly by changing the elevation base setting to shared, but the points are still absolute. Is there a way to change them to relative to surface?

Damo
2005-09-29, 03:48 PM
Just to clarify - when you right click properties - you then have to click Edit/New for the Family Type... and then Under Constraints, change Elevation Base from Project to Shared.Thanks Scott & Irusun, just the info I needed today.