PDA

View Full Version : Minor GUI Glitch

janunson
2005-09-02, 01:30 PM
In the export layers dialog, (dwg export, Options, Layer Settings)the columns are fixed to a width that is wider than the window, even if you try to resize them. the last column always takes up the difference. Of course, like all dialogs, this one is not resizable (!) so you can never avoid a horizontal scroll bar.

tatjana.dzambazova
2005-09-02, 09:42 PM
Thanks for this - its noted!
tanja

dhurtubise
2005-09-03, 12:01 AM
Stupid question but why are dialog box not resizable in revit ?

rod.74246
2005-09-04, 08:24 AM
I had this explained to me once as "The developers would prefer to concentrate on practical features rather than cosmetic UI tweaks".

Personally now that i am used to the UI it doesn't bug me, and if they keep up with the sorts of improvements that they are punching out with each release they can leave the UI as is

gravelin
2005-09-04, 12:05 PM
I had this explained to me once as "The developers would prefer to concentrate on practical features rather than cosmetic UI tweaks".

Personally now that i am used to the UI it doesn't bug me, and if they keep up with the sorts of improvements that they are punching out with each release they can leave the UI as is
Maybe, but sometime it's time consuming !

Martin P
2005-09-05, 07:36 AM
Personally now that i am used to the UI it doesn't bug me.....

You have had to become used to it - we all have....

Some of this is far more important than new tools, after all - I use it ALL the time, new tools I might use once a week. - New tools are aimed at gaining new customers.

Personally I would still like to see a lot of changes as a whole lot of it still bugs me!! - and not for cosmetic reasons either, but there are very many areas where a poor interface causes a lot of slow down and over use of the mouse. The poll below would suggest that there are many users who also find the interface with Revit poor - some of the real basics really need to be fixed........

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=16054&highlight=number

another example - import/export settings for DWGs - I can only select one layer at a time? I have to go through hundreds of them individually - when often I want to change a load of them to the same thing.

gravelin
2005-09-05, 02:17 PM
Another example that makes me Crazy each time (ça me fait tourner en bourrique)

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=13811

bowlingbrad
2005-09-05, 08:50 PM
I think they need to focus ALL of their efforts on fixing groups. I can live with the UI for a release or two.