PDA

View Full Version : Isoline display in Externally modeled geometry

cadpro
2004-02-11, 04:02 PM
Good morning reviteers!

My firm has been modeling some assets in 3ds max to use in revit families. Anyone who has tried this knows that when revit imports the goemetry into its poligonal based modeling engine, it sometimes tries to re-triangulate/tessilate the mesh, and those pesky isolines are always present.

Does anyone know of a way to get imported geometry w/ curved surfaces into revit w/o isolines?

TIA

Allen Lacy
2004-02-11, 04:15 PM
See if this thread (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1603&highlight=poly) helps

cadpro
2004-02-11, 04:30 PM
Thanx Allen,,, but I am importing into revit instead of exporting from revit.

beegee
2004-02-11, 09:03 PM
I don't think it can be done ..... otherwise the "Modern Medium Library" families wouldn't look the way they do - (presumably )

cadpro
2004-02-12, 01:05 PM
:roll: bummer

gregcashen
2004-02-12, 04:06 PM
I know that sketchup has a feature where you can basically "erase" these lines with geometry created in sketchup. I don't know if a) you can import 3DS into sketchup, b) if you could then erase the lines that were not created in sketchup, or c) if that would just be a hassle anyway. Depending on the level of complexity of the geometry you are creating, maybe sketchup would work directly for some of this?