PDA

View Full Version : Dimension rounding up / down

david.baldock
2005-09-06, 10:45 AM
We are using LT 2005 and metric drawings / dimensions. When we come to dimension we do everything to whole units i.e. 1012.5mm should be dimensioned as 1013mm. The problem is that AutoCAD seem to randomly change wether it rounds up or down. I have used the distance tool to check the line lenghs and they all measure the same.
Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

David

jaberwok
2005-09-06, 11:02 AM
Hi David.
A couple of things to check: -

Set Units to (say) 8 decimal places and use List and/or Dist to check the true distances.

Do your dimensions involve scaling? - Dimscale or Dimlfac. If so, check that they are correct in the dimstyle dialogue boxes. Acad will quite happily put something like 2.0000017 in place of 2. Type the values in again if necessary.

david.baldock
2005-09-06, 11:35 AM
Thanks for that. I have checked all of the above and no change. I have also looked at the round off value and varied this. Still dosen't seem to be that consistant.

jaberwok
2005-09-06, 11:47 AM
That's a pity. Bear in mind that acad calculates to around 14 significant places so the problem is still almost certain to be somewhere in the style settings and dim variables.

Errr. You're not by any chance using an early Pentium processor with the Step 0 maths error are you? No, of course not. Forget I asked.

:neutral: