PDA

View Full Version : Linework, Filled Region and Plot problem (was in T&T)

e.wee1790
2004-02-11, 12:06 AM
Split from old post....Ed.

I was reading this thread and wondering if anybody can help me in this one. I was changing some linework on my elevation and everything seems to appear ok on the elevation.

But on the preview window, some of the lineworks changed appear over the filled region (earth). Anybody else came across this? Perhaps some pics might help to understand my problem, one is of the revit window and the other is of the preview window. [/b]

beegee
2004-02-11, 12:25 AM
Thats strange ! Haven't been able to replicate it on the fly.

Obviously you'ved checked the extents of the columns and they only go to ground ?

Can you change the linework back to "by category" to see if that makes a difference, then change it to the overide linework and check that the blue end dot markers for the line are where they should be.

There are no linked site files are there ?

e.wee1790
2004-02-11, 06:19 AM
Yes beegee, I have to change all the affected linework back to the original <category> and change back to the linework I want.

The thing is, everytime I need to change to another linework, I need to go back to <category> and start again, otherwise it'll have the same problem.

I suppose this is the workaround, strangely only happening to me. Perhaps the file has got a little complexed now.

beegee
2004-02-11, 07:51 AM
Yes beegee, I have to change all the affected linework back to the original <category> and change back to the linework I want.

The thing is, everytime I need to change to another linework, I need to go back to <category> and start again, otherwise it'll have the same problem.

I suppose this is the workaround, strangely only happening to me. Perhaps the file has got a little complexed now.

Have you told support about it ?

e.wee1790
2004-02-12, 12:00 AM
Here you go bee gee, created on the fly in R6.

Check out the east elevation in print preview to see the visibility of the columns in the filled region where linework was changed twice. I thought the filled region should sit above all linework when brought to the front.

Just something to be aware of next time before plotting.

beegee
2004-02-12, 12:31 AM
OK, I see .... you are using a filled region and I was using the topo poche with earth fill - which doesn't have the plot problem.