PDA

View Full Version : profiles

scoe
2005-09-09, 03:21 PM
I've seen only one related post to this question....is it possible to place profiles in drafting views? We've modeled several wall sweeps of trim types, I'm now doing door & window details and have to redraw every one of them...is it possible to place them in a drafting view? We're not using legend views becuase to date we've found they don't work well for door details.

thanks.

Matt Brennan
2005-09-09, 03:40 PM
Scoe

There is nothing that I am aware of. But you can open your profile, copy the lines, and then paste them into a drafting component family. This shouldn’t take you very long to do. From here you load you detail component into you drafting view. If anyone knows a better solution, please let me know.

I hope this helps you out.

sbrown
2005-09-09, 04:31 PM
What I've found is to make the detail component first, say with a finish wood hatch, then load this into your profile family, use pick to create your profile, then you will get the detail component visible in your sections, which can be more detailed then the actual profile.

janunson
2005-09-09, 05:55 PM
I do as sbrown suggests.. i've even messed around w/ putting full detail info into the profile, so every section cut gets coordinated detail information.