PDA

View Full Version : Area Plan Settings

Joef
2005-09-09, 06:21 PM
I usually export my plans toAutoCAD to get areas but I have been trying Revit's and have a question:

How do I get the boundary to default to the outside of the wall?
How do I change the "area type" names in the schedule?

TIA

Joe

Mike Hardy-Brown
2005-09-09, 07:37 PM
Hi Joef
When creating a gross building area plan, I usually select "do not trace external walls automatically"
Another little trick I have used, is using the Site tool for tracing site boundaries around the building and placing a site tag to this.
As far as I know you either have the option of selecting gross or rentable from the get go.

If you export an area analysis (in html format) have a read at the very bottom of the page. The spelling is quite....http://forums.augi.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Batman
2005-09-09, 07:55 PM
The 2 default Area Type plans are Rentable and Gross Building. The way lines area applied is according to their type rules. Generally the Gross Building area plan will create boundaries to the outside of walls but I have found that sometimes the rules it implies doesn't suit what I am doing.

Once you have started creating areas, as either Rentable or Gross, when you are trying to select lines it helps if you have "Apply Area Rules" unchecked. This will make the Area Boundary line appear where you want it.

Joef
2005-09-09, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the tips!. Areas are a handy feature once you get the hang of it. I'll use the comments field to get things described the way I want.