PDA

View Full Version : File Properties During Session

phyllisr
2005-09-11, 05:33 PM
Is there a way to assign file properties to an RVT, RFA, or RTE file during a session? I am looking for something similar to ADT, File Menu>Drawing Properties. I can to this through an Explorer Window after the fact but it's extra effort and means I must remember what I was doing when I close the file. The attached clip indicates what I am trying to accomplish. If not possible, I will post as a wish list item.

Background for possible Work-Around suggestions:

As we look to more electronic file management for archiving and general documentation, the core properties will help with that effort everywhere. Revit files have the same properties as every Windows file (Title, Subject, Category, Keywords and Comments) and with a possible Revit 8.1 deployment, I want to start a policy that this information must be populated for every project.

Also, I am using File Properties as a network content management tool. File Properties allow us to easily manage content I have created, OOTB content we have modified (as little as possible, I might add), content I have shamelessly plagiarized from other sources and edited (using the Source field), identify who besides me created it (Author property) and more. This means relatively uncomplicated folder management and does not require bunches of separate yours/mine/ours folders when deploying new releases. We can sort by the file properties, zip our unique stuff to another location temporarily, migrate to the new release and dump the zipped stuff back in the folder.

Thank you.
PBR