PDA

View Full Version : Loading back purged family parts

craighowie
2005-09-12, 01:23 PM
Hi all
I am having a problem with a drawing! A while back I 'purged unused' to make the project smaller. I am now finding that I am needing things such as the default foundation wall that is normally loaded in Revit! How Can I get these standard families back? If I cant load all the default families, then were are the default walls stored?
Thanks a million
Craig Howie
South Africa

sbrown
2005-09-12, 01:26 PM
The defaults are in the template files, just open a new project using the default template and your project in the same session of revit. Then from your project, click, file>transfer project standards> chose the items you want, ie wall types, stair types, etc.

jpolding
2005-09-12, 01:33 PM
Open the file in question as well as your template file. Go to File-Transfer Project Standards and pick what things you want to move over.
A slower but more specific way is to go through the Project Browser and find the Family you want under Families, right click and then 'copy to clipboard'.

E-Key
2005-09-12, 02:30 PM
The most easy way for me to get default Revit element is to start new project, select desired elements in Project Browser and copy them to clipboard. Then go to currently designing project and paste element from clipboard

craighowie
2005-09-12, 02:38 PM
Thanks alot