PDA

View Full Version : Floor slab half way into wall

craighowie
2005-09-12, 02:47 PM
Hi having a problem getting my wall slab to sit neatly half way into a brick wall. Think it has to do with the way my wall family has been created. What is the correct way of setting up a family wall to allow the slab to sit I half way?
Thanks Craig

sbrown
2005-09-12, 03:27 PM
The floor can go to any face or face of core automatically, so if you have a core boundary where you want it thats all you need. If you don't then when you create the floor input the offset value that you need to get the line to the point you want it.

craighowie
2005-09-12, 03:47 PM
Thanks but how do get the slab to wrap neatly around the wall in section? While not showing the wall joints?
Thanks

janunson
2005-09-12, 04:14 PM
can you post a picture of what you want?

DanielleAnderson
2005-09-12, 11:41 PM
The floor can go to any face or face of core automatically, so if you have a core boundary where you want it thats all you need. If you don't then when you create the floor input the offset value that you need to get the line to the point you want it.
Thanks! I was just wondering how to do this exact same thing and that worked perfectly!

Thanks but how do get the slab to wrap neatly around the wall in section? While not showing the wall joints?
Thanks
Use the join geometry tool.