PDA

View Full Version : Legend with graphics?

Griff
2004-02-13, 05:21 PM
I'm about to do a legend of ceiling items and I'm not sure if this is the correct way to do it.

On my reflected ceiling drawing, I'm planning on placing another copy of the RCP on the sheet. Then I would turn off the display of all items except what I want in the legend. Then adjust the crop region to show the individual ceiling item. Then I would copy that view for each other ceiling item.

Is this the correct way or is there a better way?

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-02-13, 05:30 PM
Legends are static things that tends to be the same from project to project. I like to create a drafting view (by whatever method you choose) that has all the symbols in it and then just copy that to the current project. The other advantage of this is if you are scheduling the items you don't have to worry about extras being counted. It's low tech but simple.

Griff
2004-02-13, 05:44 PM
Thanks Dimitri, I'll look into this and see how it works.

Wes Macaulay
2004-02-13, 06:41 PM
I suggested to one of our clients that they build a wall in a different phase and put all the doors / windows / what have you into that wall for the legend. You could do this with ceiling objects, too. Being in a different phase it won't get counted in your schedule.

Scott D Davis
2004-02-13, 06:45 PM
You could in fact create a phase called "legend" to create any thing that you want in a legend but not in a a schedule.

gregcashen
2004-02-13, 07:23 PM
Aaron Rumple does something similar, I believe, and makes a phase called Management or some such thing.

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-13, 07:24 PM
I suggested to one of our clients that they build a wall in a different phase and put all the doors / windows / what have you into that wall for the legend. You could do this with ceiling objects, too. Being in a different phase it won't get counted in your schedule.

Clever fella Wes!... brings to mind a quote from your avatar..."You've heard of Socrates, Plato...?" MORON's...of course it is quickly followed by "You certainly have a dizzying intellect" or something close anyway.

Wes Macaulay
2004-02-13, 07:30 PM
Oh ya, if I'm so clever, how come I can't find my keys? Damn!

bclarch
2004-02-13, 07:30 PM
Dave,

Workarounds are the only way at this time. You can get some further ideas (as well as add your support for graphic legends) at this wishlist thread (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2226&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=&sid=75a43080150de6f0023d5017ca427ab1).

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-13, 07:37 PM
Oh ya, if I'm so clever, how come I can't find my keys? Damn!

You gave them to me remember?