PDA

View Full Version : Butts visualisation

E-Key
2005-09-12, 04:27 PM
Revit doesn't show components' material on butt of walls, floors, stairs and other multicomponent elements. There is only one colour surface without layers and surface hatch. Therefore we have:
1. Wall surface pattern is interrupted by slab
2. Unable to show correctly step-type connection of floor and wall
3. Unable to see air layer in a wall as empty space

Andre Baros
2005-09-12, 05:06 PM
I agree that these items are annoying, and I haven't a work around for all of them. However, for the ends of wall, you can control this using the "wrap" setting of the walls. Also, for the wall floor intersection, you can separate the layer of the wall and extend your finish layer up over the end of the floor. For the air layer, I just build separate floors and ceilings and leave the air gap as a void between them. Hope that helps.

captainbunsaver
2005-09-12, 05:11 PM
I set air space to color=white and transparency=100%, that way structural items show.

TC

E-Key
2005-09-12, 06:11 PM
Of course Revit is a great tool and it's possible to find various ways to realize an idea. But there are base possibilities in so smart tool as Revit. I believe one of them must be an option "Show components on butt" for multicomponent elements.

Andre Baros
2005-09-13, 02:26 PM
I set air space to color=white and transparency=100%, that way structural items show.

TC

Right, but this doesn't work in sections, does it?