PDA

View Full Version : Plan Details callouts not showing in all views

cstarr
2005-09-12, 06:29 PM
I memeber of my team here went through all the trouble of creating plan details callouts around the entire exterior of the building. He created them on a view that is not on a sheet. I would like to have those callout markers show up on views that ARE on sheets. I have made sure my visibility settings have callouts ON, but to no avail, they refuse to show on other views Am I missing something?

DanielleAnderson
2005-09-12, 06:42 PM
It sounds like perhaps you need to change the callout's view properties. Sections and callouts have the ability to be sorted depending on the "coarseness" of the view scale. If you go into the callout view properties, you will see the "hide in scales coarser than" box (or some wording similar to that), make sure that they are showing up in the plan scale that you have chosen. This seems to be what the deal is most of the time when callouts and sections don't show up.
Hope that helps.
Danielle

cstarr
2005-09-12, 06:51 PM
Both views are the same scale.

cstarr
2005-09-12, 06:53 PM
Also, they are 'floor plan' callouts. I don't think he knew what he was doing. There are ALOT of these callouts, so I'd rather not have to remake them all.

DanielleAnderson
2005-09-12, 07:06 PM
Okay--I was wrong in my comment about "hide in scales coarser than" option.
Did the guy perhaps right click on the callout in plan and hit "hide annotation"?

cstarr
2005-09-12, 07:11 PM
No, tries that too. I read in the help file that if you want callout markers to shoe in multiple views, you should use 'detail view' callouts. I think I will have to recreate all of the callouts unless there is an easy way to convert,

cstarr
2005-09-12, 07:45 PM
I guess I am having one of those...'YOU GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME!" moments.

DanielleAnderson
2005-09-12, 08:20 PM
Yah, those are really fun, like for example: who decides that countertops should be made using the floor command???

cstarr
2005-09-12, 08:28 PM
FYI...

In the 'DETAIL VIEW" options, you need to select under 'show in', intersecting views. That ensures the callout can be visible on multiple views (in addition to that view haveing callouts enabled.

brantfetter
2005-09-27, 05:30 PM
Nice thread, and to continue the thread I have a related issue:

A detail view bug has been placed in a section, with the "show in" set to "Parent view only" (by default I think but I'm not sure).

Time has passed and work has been done in the detail view. I realize that the detail bug does not show in other elevations etc.

The "Hide in scales courser than" is set larger than the views I desire to show the bug.
The "discipline" is set to architecture as is the views I desire the bug to show in.
I go to switch the "show in" option to "Intersecting Views" and discover that nothing happens, i.e. no bug in the South elevation.
I saved the file, refreshed the views, opened and closed the views... no change.
I changed the Hide in scales.." and the "discipline" settings to other and back, no change.

I've already looked at Callout Problems.

Oh, and Frame's post in Move Callouts notes that during creation a callout can be directed to an existing detail, however this seems to put a "sim" notation on the bug. I'd like to have the bug appear the correct way without 'forcing' it with a sim.

Any ideas?

DanielleAnderson
2005-09-27, 06:35 PM
Note to everyone out there:
By "BUG" brant means "symbol"--(Brant: I got burned on this a while back) apparently Bug is a western U.S. word or something like that??? Where are you from?

Sorry, I'm not being terribly helpful here, but I have the same question about the "sim" note--so ditto, I guess.

brantfetter
2005-09-27, 06:38 PM
HA HA HA yeah, I guess it's a good idea not to call them bugs for the sake of compatibility. I'm from the west coast USA. (Seattle, SF)

As a possible solution: The source callout tag can be edited to remove the 'sim' as the Reference Label, but is this the correct way?? (for all tense and purposes I can't tell since it works).

DanielleAnderson
2005-09-27, 07:40 PM
That seems like a legitimate course of action to me. :)
Maybe the term "bug" is only used in Seattle???