PDA

View Full Version : 3-D Views and Elevations

N@
2004-02-13, 07:36 PM
I am working on a Library design. Most of which entails custom made furniture pieces that we drew in Revit. The problem is, none of the furniture shows up in the elevations/sections/3-D views. What are the steps I need to take to make it so the furniture is visible in views other than the floor plan. It doesn't seem to be a view property or a visibilty setting that is the issue. And, yes, these furniture pieces were constructed as 3-D elements.

aggockel50321
2004-02-13, 07:55 PM
May be this...

Open the individual furniture families & check the visibility settings of each solid object.

gregcashen
2004-02-13, 08:16 PM
Also make sure that the family category (in the family file) matches it's use and that you have that category set to be visible in Visibility/Graphics (in the project)...

christo4robin
2004-02-13, 09:16 PM
If I'm right (and I may not be) furniture by default does not show when "cut." You may need to open your custom families, change their family type to Generic, then reload.

hand471037
2004-02-13, 10:09 PM
Cristo, you're right. Custom furniture peices that you want to be 'cut' in section so you can produce shop drawings have to be made into generic models, because the Revit default is for sections to *not* cut furniture, but to only show it in profile. This comes from standard drafting practices.

I've done shop drawings for things more than once inside of Revit, including for a dog house. Simply make the elements generic, and they will cut, just like a building, and then you can detail/callout/annotate the objects just like you would a whole building. It's almost like using Revit like Inventor, in a strange way. ;)