PDA

View Full Version : Circle - Strange Shape

Taylor A
2004-02-16, 01:09 AM
I have a large site plan..... mainly 2D...with DWG file inserted and one RVT file linked in. The behavior of the curves are not as expected. I have lots of the suggestions from this site......Flattening DWG objects, line thickness, Current View etc...
Any ideas

Taylor A
2004-02-16, 01:19 AM
PS. It only seems to happen to curves that are relatively small compared to the size of the site (ie 700mm dia, site is 800000 x 600000)
I have a GEForce Ti 4600 graphics card
I have Open GL accerleration unchecked

aggockel50321
2004-02-16, 12:28 PM
Don't think it's a graphic card issue.

It may be that the objects that look like circles in the .dwg are actually polylines, & revit displays them differently, showing the vertices more pronounced.

Open the .dwg in acad & check what looks like circles to see if they actually are.

Taylor A
2004-02-16, 09:13 PM
The circle shown in the JPG image above is actually a Revit circle not a DWG circle.

Scott D Davis
2004-02-16, 09:23 PM
Seriously?? Can you post the RVT file? I've never seen anything like it.

Taylor A
2004-02-16, 11:18 PM
OK....heres the file. I've taken out the linked DWG and RVT files. Try drawing a small circle somewhere.....Zoom in and out and see if you get some strange things happening.

aggockel50321
2004-02-17, 03:27 AM
How did you create the lines shown in your posted file. Did you trace over a .dwg file? Or is this something you imported?

Somehow, it seems that your lines are not on the level you call "Site".

Add an elevation view, or cut a section thru your lines. They don't seem to appear in these views on tje "Site" level. In fact, they don't appear at all.

Fill in the blanks...

Taylor A
2004-02-17, 05:31 AM
All the linework is orginally from a DWG file.

I imported the dwg file and exploded it.

The lines are just Detail Lines.

The project was originally started in AutoCAD

Scott D Davis
2004-02-17, 05:59 AM
wow! here's a 700 radius cirlce, drawn in the file you posted.....

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1499

Not sure what is causing this! In wireframe, it displays corrctly.

beegee
2004-02-17, 06:03 AM
Actually, this file could be the answer to the "hand drawn " look some of us have wished for. :D

( probabbly a beta 6.1 that escaped :wink: )

gregcashen
2004-02-17, 04:17 PM
Sorry not to have replied til now. This is a known issue and a description can be found in this thread (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=15812&highlight=opengl#15812)

Basically, it has to do with floating point precision in the OpenGL implementation and will only manifest itself in hidden line hiews (wireframe doesn't use OpenGL) where there is geometry a long way away from the Revit origin.

Support recommends the following, though I had to rebuild the project that I had this occurring on...

[code:1:4a4e380e88]
The dwg file I attached is a set of 3 very long lines (~4 miles each) which cross and meet at 0,0,0. The purpose of this file is to determine where the origin of the Revit file is in relation to the geometry. Geometry or imports that are too far from the origin can look distorted. To use this, import the file first using the "center to center" option. This will place a large origin in the middle of the users data. Then import the file again, this time using the "origin to origin" option. A zoom all in a 3D view should now show two origins, one in the middle of the geometry one at the Revit origin. This will allow us to determine how far away the geometry is from the origin and provide an opportunity to move it back.[/code:1:4a4e380e88]

You have to be careful about importing large DWGs. Make sure you always use the origin-to-origin option the first time around.

Taylor A
2004-02-17, 11:03 PM
Thanks very much all. I'll try the centre to centre thing or tell the Boss to buy small sites.