PDA

View Full Version : IFC import option

Bretly
2005-09-16, 01:08 PM
This is so obvious that I shouldn't even have to post it! Where's the complete IFC compatibility (import option)?

david_peterson
2005-09-23, 03:09 PM
That'd be awfully nice :)

Thomas Maleski
2008-01-11, 01:48 PM
This feature has been granted.

File -> Import/Link -> IFC...

I believe it was added at Revit Structure 4.

balazs.sabathiel
2008-01-15, 12:13 PM
IFC at the moment (v2008) only imports/exports main geometry.
No bracing, no structural parameters (boundary conditions, loads)
I would say it could use some development...

rita.wong
2008-02-12, 10:25 PM
When I imported an IFC file (created in SAP), the member sizes show up as element numbers, and when I try to assign a member size, it says "can't make type W....".
What import options do I need to set in Revit? I haven't set a template file for importing IFC files. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

yongkukim
2008-03-20, 02:19 AM
When I import an IFC file from ArchiCAD to Revit Structure, the walls do not show even after I turn on all hidden items. When I open that same IFC file in Revit Architecture, all the walls show up. Is there a settings I am missing?

Andre Carvalho
2008-03-20, 03:28 AM
When I import an IFC file from ArchiCAD to Revit Structure, the walls do not show even after I turn on all hidden items. When I open that same IFC file in Revit Architecture, all the walls show up. Is there a settings I am missing?

Since you are using Revit Structure, your views may be set to discipline structural. This will hide the walls that aren't bearing walls. If you want to see the walls, set your view properties to the discipline architectural (or set the structural usage of your walls to bearing).

This also explains why you can see the walls in Revit Architecture. The views in there are set to the discipline architectural by default.

Andre Carvalho

yongkukim
2008-03-20, 05:53 PM
That worked, thanks!