PDA

View Full Version : Foundation in Elevations as hidden lines

bud
2005-09-16, 01:32 PM
I am wondering how other people are doing this. I need to show the foundation walls and footings as hidden lines in the elevations. Right now I use the linework tool and change the lines to hidden the problem I am having is that this is not real efficient and sometimes there are several lines behind and have to keep changing lines, not fun. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated.

bclarch
2005-09-16, 01:53 PM
This has been covered a number of times in this forum. A quick search should turn up some helpful threads.

bud
2005-09-16, 02:09 PM
Thanks, I did a search and found some old discussions but thought maybe someone had found or created a better way. Back to the linework tool I guess

narlee
2005-09-16, 09:44 PM
I do my footings as in-place families. I use "white" as the material. I make a subcategory under Structural Foundations called Footings. I do the visibility override to give it the Hidden line type. If you do the override under Settings>Object Styles, it affects all views. If you do the override under Visibility/Graphics for a particular view, it affects only that view.

Alvin_Alejandro
2005-09-19, 04:48 AM
YOU CAN TRY VISIBILITY/GRAPHIC OVERRIDES.-YOU CAN OVERRIDE TH E LINE STYLE..you need to go to your Elevation view then override the line style from that view..

hope this what you're looking for..