PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk Executive Breakfast Report

sbrown
2003-05-20, 02:51 PM
Last Thursday I attended a breakfast sponsored by Autodesk which was Lead by Phil Bernstein VP of Building Solutions Division and Carol Bartz CEO of Autodesk. It was basically a dog and pony show showcasing adt4, buzzsaw and revit 5.1. It was also billed as a fear ending session. Phil stated "I want to be clear... Revit is the focus and future of autodesks vision for the building industry, ADT is a transitional product. They clearly recommended that any firm thinking of going to a BIM system use revit vs. ADT. By the way BIM is the new term for Building information Modelling.

I was seated at Phils table which was great because I got to hear him speak his mind and thoughts on the future of the building industry and they line right up with what us early revit adopters saw as the potential and power of Revit.

All in all it was a great reassurance that we made the right decision going to revit and it will be the platform for the future of the industry.

They also pushed .dwf they call it dwiff. Which I actually did see some benefit in in use with buzzsaw because they will be able to make .dwf "smart" where .pdf is "dumb" contractors can get quantities and measurements from .dwf which they wouldn't be able to do with pdf.

Anyway rest assured revit users we are leading the pack.

Yman
2003-05-20, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the info Scott. BTW nice avatar! I guess I'll have to find one. I don't know if I can top that one.

Y.

jbalding48677
2003-05-20, 11:15 PM
Yep -

Nice avatar... And you are the one that is sitting with Phil and Carol representing the Revit community. We're doomed :wink: :lol:

hand471037
2003-05-20, 11:33 PM
Had a simlar lunch thing out here a few months back; with pretty much the same message. Viva la Revitlution!

(sorry to be so cheesy. It's good to see that we weren't all crazy when we thought that Revit really was a better way to work. Unless we're all crazy, which is entirely possible).

Thomas Cummings
2003-05-21, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the info Scott. BTW nice avatar! I guess I'll have to find one. I don't know if I can top that one.

YMAN,

I have an avatar for you...........check with "the warden" first! :shock:

beegee
2003-05-21, 05:54 AM
I have an avatar for you...........check with "the warden" first! :shock:

So where are the other 597 animated avatars of similar persuasion ?

beegee

sbrown
2003-05-21, 02:51 PM
My avatar is from The Grateful Deads Europe 72 tour/album.