PDA

View Full Version : Viewport Layout

narlee
2005-09-17, 03:33 PM
Anyone know how to reset the View Title so that it defaults under the viewport instead of sticking out to the left? In the family Annotations I found the View Title, so I edited that to do what I wanted, but then, on the sheet, the "extension line" didn't move over so it sticks thru the bubble. I can't locate where to edit this "extension line."

Thanks,
Geof Narlee.

aggockel50321
2005-09-17, 05:25 PM
Open the view title template (File/New/Family/Annotation/View Title), and you'll see a note in there explaining how the beginning of the line is set.

In your case, I don't think it's possible, as it seems the line begins at the left edge of the view's extents, and ends at the right edge, when the view is placed on a sheet.

narlee
2005-09-18, 04:27 PM
How interesting. A helpful note right in a template. Who 'da thought? But, you're right - can't change that line location. And the line grip on the left moves the whole view title, so you can't put the view title where you want (automatically) and adjust the left end of the line.

Oh, well, thanks for the info.

Geof Narlee

shamshirha
2007-09-13, 03:27 PM
To my knowledge, its not possible. However, here is a workaround. You have to modify the family that I have attached to suit your needs. this family creates a line based on the width of the blocks you need. I hope this helps.

Shamshirha