PDA

View Full Version : Section View Range

David Sammons
2004-02-16, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the vertical view range of a section to control the view height of the section? I want to cut a section on plan and only view objects immediately above and below the level of the section cut instead of viewing a section for the full height of the building.

For example, I want to cut a section on my foundation plan and only view objects up to a height approximately 4 feet above the ground floor level without viewing the upper floor levels and roof.

I know I can do this with call outs from the section view but I would like to control the height of the section view without call outs.

Dave S.

beegee
2004-02-16, 10:59 PM
Hi David,

Just set a crop region, and when you have the extents defined to your liking, turn off via the "show extents" box.

gregcashen
2004-02-16, 11:16 PM
Along these lines, my favorite hidden tip/trick is to make the Crop Region visible on sections, elevations, details and callouts, but then right click on the crop region and set it to "hide annotation". The crop region will be selectable without having to go to properrties, but you won't see it. My number one little usability ehancement...now if they would only allow it for plan views!!

David Sammons
2004-02-17, 01:55 AM
Thanks beegee and Greg! This solved my dilemma with the section view.

And Greg, a crop region for plans would be a nice enhancement when working with large building footprints that will not fit on one drawing sheet at a scale of 1/8" per foot. Right now I have a project with a large plan foot print and I am trying to decide between using plan callouts and the "duplicate with detailing option" when dividing the main plan into part plans with key plans.

A plan crop region would solve this problem and is definitely an item for the wish list.

Dave S.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-02-17, 05:20 AM
David,
Crop regions in plan are a great enhancement, so good in fact, that the Revit developers have already included them :wink: .
Right click on any plan view and set the plans crop region. As for large plans this thread might give you some ideas.

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2346&highlight=plans+callout

Archman
2004-02-17, 02:53 PM
Greg, I don't think you can hide the crop region in a callout view by right clicking. At least not in 5.1

gregcashen
2004-02-17, 04:01 PM
In an effort to reduce the amount of useless knowledge in my head, I promptly forget what older versions can and can't do. 6.0 can do this. I believe you may be right about 5.1...

Andre Baros
2004-03-12, 10:47 PM
Shouldn't these rules also apply to 3d views. Regardless of whether or not I can see the Crop Regions, I want to know how to print them, specifically for 3d views. I would like to be able to add a perspective to a sheet and have it print the with the border that I see on screen. I don't want to have to draw a new little box around every view (esp. when I can't even snap the box to the view.

Thanks.