PDA

View Full Version : Movable partition

argh
2005-09-19, 02:52 PM
What is the best way to "build" a movable partition?

david_peterson
2005-09-19, 03:56 PM
What type of movable partition?
If you're talking about large folding type partitions, I'd most likely just show them as a thin wall with a light line weight.
If you actually want to build one, I'd think about trying to use a curtain wall style.
You alway need to ask yourself "What do I need to get out of this"
The only reason I could see myself spending the time to make a good looking partition wall would be for a rendering.
That's my 2 cents.

phyllisr
2005-09-29, 05:52 AM
Bunches of copies of a single bifold door not inserted into a wall. Put them on a unique layer so they do not mess up your door schedule and be sure when you run the door schedule you set the layer filters. Make a block out of the whole thing and you're done. About 3 minutes depending on your pick-and-click speed. It will be 100% accurate if you make your bifold door the correct width and height.

Go really crazy and make a multiview block out of the whole thing so your plan view shows a dash line for the track. Even better, how about a view block for the reflected view that shows the track to scale for the structural consultant so he knows where to put the extra beam? Then, when you have your team meeting (because, of course, you are working on the Disney Concert Hall where Mortenson required everyone on the team to create a model), your movable partition will not generate any interference problems with the structure when all the models are reviewed in NavisWorks. You can even line up all the bifold doors changing the swing for each copy of the door so it will look like it is being opened gradually! Or maybe a profile for the movable wall that shows the panel detail that your very high-end client can afford. Only in the High Detail view, of course.

OK, so this is extreme even for me. BIM is the future. Keep asking.

Enjoy,
PBR

argh
2006-05-02, 01:49 AM
so simple, too cool