PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles dont' show

sjsl
2005-09-19, 06:30 PM
I have downloaded several Accustudio vehicles. I import thm into my project and they show in plan view but when I go to elevations or 3d views they disappear. what am I missing?

aggockel50321
2005-09-19, 06:46 PM
Possibly view/visibility/site is turned off in the view(s)??

Most of the furnished cars are in this category. If nothing else, edit the car, go to settings, and see what it's family category is set to.

sjsl
2005-09-19, 07:15 PM
I turned everything on. I can see them in site with all of the their polygons, etc even shaded, just not in elevation or 3d. Weird.

kpaxton
2005-09-19, 07:27 PM
I was going to say the same thing -

First, check the visibility settings of the View.
Second, check the car family itself - go into it and check each elevation view and it's elements to see if it's 'turned on' in plan, elevation, left, etc. etc.
Are there materials assigned?
Are they 'behind' something else?
Is the view range of the elevation including this element?
Which one(s) are they - I've downloaded them also and want to look at the one you're having problems with.

-Kyle

Phil Palmer
2005-09-21, 03:47 PM
Have you got worksets and have them on a workset that is not visible by default in every view ? That one catches me out

sjsl
2005-09-21, 09:53 PM
No worksets here. I don't use them.

The Audi's
sport utility
trucks
just about any of them
including the bus.
They definietly show as polygons and in acad 3d as well
and they are mapped.

Another project they worked fine in shaded views but did not render even with their maps.

Questions.....

sbrown
2005-09-22, 12:00 AM
check the VV settings under imported , imported in families, it is turned off by default in 8.1.