PDA

View Full Version : AU Mixer - Calling all Chumps - RFQ

jbalding48677
2005-09-20, 01:31 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen -

As many of you know we will be having a Revit Mixer (Party) on the eve of AU in Orlando. Last year we introduced a game called "Stump the Chump" where a panel of Revit Gurus (Chumps) and Autodesk Employees (Coaches) were asked to solve some of the real world issues that people are having using Revit. Well, it was a huge success and everyone had fun and learned something in the mean time. Long story a bit longer we had one "Chump" elected from the ranks of AUGI as the "Peoples Choice Chump". While that was a ton of fun we have decided to change it around a bit and give more people a chance to be a Chump/Coach.

That's right this year we are going to open up the panel to all comers. If you feel like you have the "goods" and can "walk the walk and talk the talk", you need to submit your qualifications for your chance to make the panel. I should note that this does NOT include any compensation (other than a t-shirt and maybe an Autodesk promotional item).

The requirements are simple:

You must be attending AU and have travel plans to arrive by 2:00 PM, Sunday 27 November 2005. (The Mixer will begin around 6:30 or so)
You must submit your qualifications no later than 10 November 2005
Your qualifications must include:

The number years of using Revit
The number of projects completed in Revit
The size and scope of those projects. Additional graphic material will be accepted and is encouraged to support your expertise. LIMIT 3MB per submittal

The qualification packages will be evaluated by the "committee" and the panel and coaches will be announced no later than 15 November 2005.

This "contest" is open to ALL COMERS including but not limited to AUGI Moderators, Autodesk Employees, and last years Chumps and Coaches and YOU. Your submissions should be sent to me via a PM here on AUGI or preferably to my email address jbalding (at) WATG (dot) com. Please put "Revit Chump Qualifications" in the subject line to assure proper delivery.

Post here if you have any questions.

Good luck to all -

P.S. This information may be modified at anytime and is not valid with any other offer. The management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. No shirt, no shoes no service. This offer expires 1 January 2006.

sbrown
2005-09-20, 08:41 PM
It was a blast. I can't wait to see who will be on our panel this year!

JamesVan
2005-09-21, 01:49 PM
Lots of hi-jinks and general rabble-rousing!!! Can't wait.

SCShell
2005-09-21, 01:57 PM
Aww, the memories!
Too bad I can't make it this year; however, my "I stumped the Chump" shirt is my main guitar polishing cloth. Now, that may seem a bit disrespectfull, but it really isn't. My guitars are my children and they get ONLY the best.

Have fun for me!
Steve

PeterJ
2005-09-21, 02:57 PM
I cycle to work in my "I stumped the chump" shirt from time to time.

Martin P
2005-09-21, 03:29 PM
I cycle to work in my "I stumped the chump" shirt from time to time.

I can vouch for having seen that sweat soaked T Shirt this summer - I also got to hear quite a lot of the journey from Petes ruck sack on my mobile phone ;)

Hows thing with you Peter? all is well I hope :)

phyllisr
2005-09-22, 12:42 AM
This will be my first AU (only CAD Manager 8 months) and I am definitely not a potential panel participant with only 2-3 months tinkering with Revit. But I want to attend the mixer and watch from the sidelines. Can I do that? How?

Thanks!
PBR

jbalding48677
2005-09-22, 06:35 AM
This will be my first AU (only CAD Manager 8 months) and I am definitely not a potential panel participant with only 2-3 months tinkering with Revit. But I want to attend the mixer and watch from the sidelines. Can I do that? How?

Thanks!
PBR
If you sign up for ONE Revit class you will get an invitation. If you sign up for ONE of my Revit classes you get FREE food and drinks :p .

- JB

P.S. For those of you that are not signed up for one of my classes you will have to settle for FREE drinks and food. :lol:

Wes Macaulay
2005-09-22, 03:50 PM
I can vouch for having seen that sweat soaked T Shirt this summer - I also got to hear quite a lot of the journey from Petes ruck sack on my mobile phone ;)Hmm. Someone needs to figure out the keylock feature on their mobile phone...

Wanderer
2005-09-22, 05:23 PM
If you sign up for ONE Revit class you will get an invitation. If you sign up for ONE of my Revit classes you get FREE food and drinks :p .

- JB

P.S. For those of you that are not signed up for one of my classes you will have to settle for FREE drinks and food. :lol:~pout~ there was one FM class for Revit, but, they double-booked and I wanted to take FM Chargeback reporting instead. Darned schedulers.

Cathy Hadley
2005-09-22, 07:21 PM
Did anyone notice that out of the 4 classes already FULL at AU ... 3 of them are REVIT !!!

Woohoo....

Looks like another great adventure is in the works.

CZH

rnosaj
2005-09-30, 05:51 PM
when do we get our invite to the mixer?

jbalding48677
2005-10-12, 11:19 AM
Last year they were emailed out about 3-4 weeks before the event and a hardcopy was in your registration package.

TroyGates
2005-10-13, 08:33 PM
Looking forward to it. AU or bust!

rnosaj
2005-10-17, 04:52 PM
Thank you, i'm looking forward to attending. I hope my flight gets in on time.
What a horrible day for traveling.

marty_rozmanith
2005-10-26, 02:34 AM
Well, I only have, like 3 Revit projects completely built in Real Life. Looks like I'm out.

hand471037
2005-10-26, 03:45 AM
Well, I only have, like 3 Revit projects completely built in Real Life. Looks like I'm out.

Yeah you slacker. What have you been up to all these years?!? :D

tc3dcad60731
2005-10-26, 04:19 AM
I have signed for several Revit Classes and look forward to all of them! When will the invites with the details be going out because I should be there around 4pm and want to see where I will be staying and how long it will take to get to the S & D for my classes.

PS - will there be coca-cola too for those of us that are to old for anything harder with an 8am class the next day? ;-0

jbalding48677
2005-10-26, 09:53 PM
PS - will there be coca-cola too for those of us that are to old for anything harder with an 8am class the next day? ;-0
Can't garautee the brand, but yes, there will be soft drinks. Maybe even water with a little twist of lemon ;)

Gene Herring
2005-11-23, 06:28 PM
Jim, this is my first AU! I want to sit in on the mixer only. I only registered last week and the invitations were most likely sent out by then. How do I get to attend. Thanks.