PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Patterns - Need to bump up Line Weight

thsmith1804
2004-02-17, 05:37 PM
Hello all,

I need to bump up the line weight of ceiling gyp board patterns by one or two line weights and was wondering if anyone had any tips on this? I've tried going through Visibility Graphics and Object Styles to correct this problem, but to no avail.

Thanks

aggockel50321
2004-02-17, 06:50 PM
They don't seem (I couldn't find any) to be adjustable.

If your need is view specific, you could place a detail line over them using the pick option with the detail line tool. The linework tool doesn't seem to want to pick them.

thsmith1804
2004-02-17, 07:04 PM
I have 100,000 sq ft of ceiling patterns not showing up correctly. I hope I don't have to rely on using detail lines or filled regions in order to fix this problem.

sbrown
2004-02-17, 07:11 PM
What ceiling pattern are you using, I've never had an issue with the gyp hatch, if anything mines darker than I'd like it. Are you using the revit stock sand pat or sand dense. either of these should work fine.

Archman
2004-02-17, 07:20 PM
I work with Revitor, and we are using the stock sand pattern for gypsum wall board. We are plotting with an OCE TDS800 which lightened all pen weights. We have corrected most of the pen weight issues by customizing object styles and for some specific views we have overridden the object styles in visiblilty graphics. The only things we can't seem to control is ceiling and wall patterns. Currently I guess they are set to the lightest pen weight which almost disappears on bluelines. Any way to control these?

BTW we are using 5.1 for this project.

FK
2004-02-17, 08:33 PM
Why couldn't you adjust Settings -> Pen Weights directly?

aggockel50321
2004-02-18, 12:02 AM
I guess the question is... What pen is it??

Nothing in fill region properties, object properties, or anything else we can see, tells us what lineweight or line style these lines are.

Scott D Davis
2004-02-18, 01:41 AM
which almost disappears on bluelines.

Bluelines??!! You guys are still blueprinting? You can't even find someone in So Cal to run blueprints even if you wanted them!

FK
2004-02-18, 02:08 AM
It's pen 1. (Until further notice, but the further notice is not on the horizon.)

But overall, if your plotter makes things too thin the most natural place to straighten things is pen weights, not object styles, don't you think?

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-18, 03:35 AM
Good point Fedor, the most straight forward spot to adjust your plotted output is at the lineweight settings.

aggockel50321
2004-02-18, 12:29 PM
But overall, if your plotter makes things too thin the most natural place to straighten things is pen weights, not object styles, don't you think?

I'd rather see these objects given an object style, and adjust it there, which is what you seem to infer in the same post.

aggockel50321
2004-02-18, 12:34 PM
Bluelines??!! You guys are still blueprinting?

Geeze, I miss the amonia smell that percolated the office, clearing sinuses, burning eyes, giving my coffee a funny taste.

I think this was imprinted in my brain from all those fresh mimeographed handouts in school...

Allen Lacy
2004-02-18, 02:15 PM
I think this was imprinted in my brain from all those fresh mimeographed handouts in school...

Boy Andy, you're dating yourself now (I'm in that same boat, though)!

Archman
2004-02-18, 03:12 PM
Thanks or the replies guys. We will reconsider adjusting the pen weight settings directly.

I still think that you should be able to control pen weights of all objects in object styles. Pattern line weights aren't my highest priority for development, but it is an anoyance.

sbrown
2004-02-18, 04:28 PM
I've been asking to control the surface pattern lineweights since release 1 or 2 they are very high on my list, nothing worse than an elevation where the brick beyond is the same line weight as the brick right in front.

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-18, 05:19 PM
...nothing worse than an elevation where the brick beyond is the same line weight as the brick right in front...

You are correct SIR!