PDA

View Full Version : Tags are loaded but not selectable

Exar Kun
2005-09-21, 05:31 AM
We have a project (with worksets) and I cannot get my tags to appear anywhere in the drawing. They are loaded (show up in the families list in the project browser) but I cannot change my door/window tags to them (they stay default - and none of my tags show up in the list) and for every other family type it just shows no tag loaded when they clearly are. The tags are mostly ones that have been upgraded from R7.0.

Any suggestions? This is very frustrating.

D_Driver
2005-09-21, 04:09 PM
could you post that tag .rfa file that you show in the image?

Exar Kun
2005-09-21, 09:55 PM
Here it is...

But it's not just the one tag file. It's every tag file - I have currently got room tags, window tags & door tags loaded into the project but none show up.

Mr Spot
2005-09-21, 10:02 PM
Sorry to ask the two obvious questions:

A. Have they been applied to the doors/windows in that view?
B. Are they turned on in the visibility settings?

Exar Kun
2005-09-22, 12:32 AM
Yes, and yes. If you look at my screenshot above, you can see the problem isn't the tags displaying on the drawing itself, the default tags display just fine, it's that I can't select any other tags. If I try to apply a room tag it says there is no tag for that family loaded so I go ahead and load one, click to place, and then it just gives me the same message saying no tag is loaded.

Mr Spot
2005-09-22, 01:14 AM
Sorry i see what's happened now. It looks as though all those tags in the project browser have no types setup... They may have been purged.

Right click one then create a new type. You should then be able to select them...

Exar Kun
2005-09-22, 01:43 AM
Thanks but I'm unable to create a new type - the option is greyed out in the right-click menu.

Exar Kun
2005-09-22, 06:56 AM
No more suggestions on this one? It's not good. I'm unable to tag anything in the project except the doors & windows using the default tags.

And whilst I'm on this - how do I lodge a manual support request? If I try to do it within the program I get "an error occured... contact your system administrator".

D_Driver
2005-09-22, 06:58 AM
ok,
Yes the odd thing is that you have no types

Yes, the project has been purged, and you purged all your types

No, reloading the tag will not supply any types - this is buggish - see

I duplicated what you are describing by loading your tag into a new project.

I then purged the EMAA_Door Tag_no_room - type but not the family

what I end up with is shown below and behaves exactly asyou describe.
aslo as per the thread noted above
loading the family the first time after purging it will bring back the types, but the second time or subsequent loads will not.

work around...
open the rfa and use the "Load into project" button
- not you may have to create a new type in the rfa, then go back and purge it out if you do not want it.

so the question in my mind is...
all those tag families in the original screen cap are likewise stripped of their types. How did this happen?
someone purposely went through all the check boxes in the purge dialog box and purged all your types, but not the parent families...

Exar Kun
2005-09-22, 10:11 PM
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

It's my fault that the types are purged I guess. I purged everything but the annotations - at least, that's what I thought I did. And even now, looking at the list of tags I can purge, a couple of room tags are there that I cannot use but most of the tags loaded do not appear at all.