PDA

View Full Version : Revit Errors and Omissions...

aaronrumple
2005-09-21, 03:06 PM
I've found that exporting from Revit to AutoCAD is now less than dependable in 8.1. All my projects are having major export issues to the point I can't trust the exports anymore. You'll see in the attached one project is messing up and elevation not just a little, but a lot.

All my projects are getting the annotation cropped out of the layout view. This is leading to ref. marks and notes being cut off. Stuff we architects get sued for.

SkiSouth
2005-09-21, 03:24 PM
This is a real concern. I just updated a project to 8.1 that's nearing 90 percent for bidding in a week or two at an out of state location. The question is now do I reload 8.0 and go back a day or so to recreate the changes ??? (REALLY don't want to do that)...Factory this needs a public answer. Loosing income because of an upgrade will only hurt Revit's reputation.

Wes Macaulay
2005-09-21, 03:46 PM
Which build is this, Aaron?

Les Therrien
2005-09-21, 03:49 PM
An aside to this. I was trying to import and ADT 3.3 file as I always have for details.
There were 2 separate .dwg files
One file I was able to import without issues.
I was unable to import the other file for no know reason. Revit acted as if the file was imported. The file was listed under visibility graphics. But it was in no way visible. I tried many different things but couldn't get it to be seen!?

bowlingbrad
2005-09-21, 04:14 PM
8.1 is supposed to be an alignment release with Revit Structure. This being said, it must be the alignment that is causing all of these issues. There must have been some tweaking to the export tool for functionality with RS. This may be the reason for some of the other issues coming up.

Autodesk needs to get these issues resolved QUICKLY. I don't know about everyone else, but our company just invested $$$ in 20 seats of 8.1. I am not going to install this until Autodesk and my reseller make me feel much more comfortable. I don't want Revit to turn into the dusty ADT box on our shelves. :shock:

Please, factory, give us a heads-up on the progress.

Les Therrien
2005-09-21, 04:21 PM
Another thing to mention when importing is that many times the hatch patterns will be either partially or fully missing from the imported file.
I don't believe this to be an 8.1 bug, but something that has been "bugging" me since at leasr 6.1

aaronrumple
2005-09-21, 04:34 PM
Both examples are 8.1 current build. The older build also had these issues.

BWG
2005-09-21, 08:04 PM
Having the problems as well. The latest I exported out did not include all the hatching patterns for ex. siding on walls, or the roof hatching not showing in all files.