PDA

View Full Version : Filled Region-Can you do gradients?

Kroke
2005-09-21, 06:45 PM
I need to do a gradient fill pattern, is this possible?

cosmickingpin
2005-09-21, 07:48 PM
I would import a sample of your gradient as a *.jpg, then shape it to fit your needs.

I need to do a gradient fill pattern, is this possible?

Kroke
2005-09-21, 07:54 PM
Thanks, that's what I ended up doing...appricitate the answer though ;)

cosmickingpin
2005-09-21, 09:14 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to add a vector based gradient ability to model/drafting patterns? For presentations we do end up exporting a lot of sheet to photo shop to add details like that, and that feature would almost eliminate that. I supposed if it was easy they would have done it already.

Thanks, that's what I ended up doing...appricitate the answer though ;)

Chad Smith
2005-09-21, 09:40 PM
I would like to see a simple solid fill that can be set to transparent to allow objects to show through first.
But yes, a gradient fill would be good.

PaulB
2005-09-21, 09:48 PM
I would also like to see gradient fills and a "true" transparent coloured fill but also to have the ability to show a line hatching pattern on top of the coloured fill or even a pattern in the fill itself, sort of a two way gradient fill, if that makes sense.

We are constantly providing coloured-up sketches but are somewhat held-back by current tools.

cosmickingpin
2005-09-21, 10:01 PM
using dense meshes to fake it, that's just so 1997. Yeah I got a $10,000.00 super machine, runing software that aint none to cheap, and yet I gotta add a mesh to get a transparency effect like I'm playing Q-Bert on an Atari 2600... forgive me it has been a long day.

I would like to see a simple solid fill that can be set to transparent to allow objects to show through first.
But yes, a gradient fill would be good.