PDA

View Full Version : Wish List

jwilhelm
2004-02-18, 04:05 AM
I would like to see the following features in Revit:

1) View range: A toggle that makes the cut plane,top&bottom,v iew range visible in section,elevation or 3d. The 3d view could be a semi transparent shaded plane.

2) Design Bar: A toggle that turns text next to the icons on/off. after all once you know the icons you dont need the text. this would free up screen real estate.

3) Rendering: Non-photometric rendering (ie phong shading) for fast renders/animations.
*Accurender lighting analysis
*The accurender fractal trees stick figures display a real
2d tree in Elevation view instead of the stick figure.
4) Work plane grid: Allow more complex work plane grids ie. triangular,hexagaonal, tartans, user defined,with snaps to intersections and centers etc.
*Map work plane onto curved surfaces
* Ability to change work plane linetype and color

5) Text features: Ability to import or link word files & maintain formatting

6) Project units - Option for "percent slope"

Chad Smith
2004-02-18, 05:08 AM
For point 2, I assume you are talking about toolbar items. If so, you can go to your 'Window' menu and then 'Toolbar' and then there will be an option to turn off the text.

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-18, 05:23 AM
Nope...I think he means the design bar, since there is a little icon with text next to it...and he's right, the text "could" be toggled off to save some screen real estate. Though I have to admit, I don't think I've paid much attention to the icons, tend to read the word as quickly as I might ever recognize all the different images.

Jerry,

Would you please be kind enough to re-post these items as individual wishes in the wishlist forum so they are easier to manage by Revit staff who review them and by our new wishlist mgr...think of it as an effective way to increase your post count. :D

Plus, if we split them up it looks like we (the moderators) are really clever and we end up with more posts :shock: Like we need more posts :shock:

irwin
2004-02-18, 09:09 PM
2) Design Bar: A toggle that turns text next to the icons on/off. after all once you know the icons you dont need the text. this would free up screen real estate.

The Design Bar panel is resizable. You can drag its right edge to the left so that only the icons are visible (see image). Does that do what you're looking for?

PeterJ
2004-02-18, 09:48 PM
Irwin

You have a knack of making a rod for your own back. Can we now have tool tips that highlight the Design Bar sections as well as the palette items too please?

Scott Hopkins
2004-02-18, 10:02 PM
Irwin,

If you can get the design bar to stay that way at the start of every session then you might have something. As it stands now, you have to manually resize it every time you open Revit. :(

GuyR
2004-02-18, 10:13 PM
Agree Scott.

As long as you have to resize it each session it's of limited value.

Guy