PDA

View Full Version : Cant mirror roof.

Paul P.
2004-02-18, 01:29 PM
I'm having a real problem with trying to mirror a roof (see attached image) it comes up with the error 'Can't make roof footprint'

And even if I try to sketch the roof in the same way that I did for the other side it comes up with the same error message.

Any suggestions.

PeterJ
2004-02-18, 03:38 PM
Paul

It looks as though your roof is probably linked to walls, either by a formal link or simply by having been created using 'pick walls'. It won't mirror on that basis, but you may be able to open the sketch, mirror the lines and then cut and paste them into another roof or simply edit the formed roof as required.

Time to play a little more I think.

beegee
2004-02-18, 10:25 PM
You could try mirroring the whole model. ( Not for the faint hearted )

Set up a locked reference plane for the mirror axis, select the whole model in a 3D view and mirror. It may not all go in one hit, you make need to ungroup parts and mirror separately.

Once you get the walls and roof and whatever other elements are required to make it mirror, you can delete the walls if you want and leave just the mirrored roof.

Paul P.
2004-02-20, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. I managed to get it sort by copying the building and drawing the roof on the other side then copying that onto my existing building. Dont know why I didnt think of it earlier.