PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem with Plan Regions

iru69
2005-09-22, 05:53 PM
I've got a weird problem with my plan regions.

While all the window openings show up, many of the windows aren't showing in the opening. All the windows are at 7'-0" head height and there are ones that aren't showing are identical in size and placement to ones that are showing.

What's even weirder is that if I adjust the head height of the windows that aren't showing to 7'-1", the windows appear. However no amount of adjusting the view range seems to make a difference.

The same thing is happening on a number of different floor plan views.

Any ideas what's going on?

I'm using R8.1 - 20050914

bowlingbrad
2005-09-22, 06:30 PM
Are you using groups?

iru69
2005-09-22, 06:33 PM
Are you using groups?
Nope. No groups (you guys have scared me away from even trying them!).

Martin P
2005-09-22, 06:52 PM
I have come across this with curtain walling too, I have a house type similar to the one you have shown where the house on one side shows the curtain walling cut, and the house on the other side shows it as if on plan - they both have the same head height and I cannot get one side to show as cut no matter what I do to the plan region? I can only guess it has something to do with mirroring objects? not found a solution though - will post an image tomorrow....

on thatparticular project it is R7.0 I am using.

iru69
2005-09-22, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys for the responses.

I can only guess it has something to do with mirroring objects?
Martin, you're on to something there.

Many of those windows were either mirrored or I flipped their exterior/interior orientation after placing them.

I found that by erasing the window and reinserting it with the correct exterior/interior orientation works pretty consistently.

The alternative to deleting and reinserting them is to instead pull the plan region boundary away from the wall a good ways - then the windows appear. Unfortunately that can defeat the purpose of the plan region if objects exterior to the wall are included within the boundary that shouldn't be.

Is this a "bug" or this an "undocumented intentional implementation"?

Martin P
2005-09-23, 07:30 AM
Here is my curtain walling that is doing weird things in the plan region - first floor plan, only one side is working.... mirrored it, must be that - I would say this is 100% a bug.

Max Lloyd
2005-09-23, 10:32 AM
irusun,

when I have had similar problems with 'strange' displays (and using the mirror command, especially for windows definitley seems to have something to do with it), I normally find that cutting the object, then paste align to the same place will normally rectify.

See if that works.

BWG
2005-09-23, 01:31 PM
I have had this problem when the plan region boundary was touching the outside line of the window. Move it off a bit and it would show correctly.

iru69
2005-09-23, 03:31 PM
... I normally find that cutting the object, then paste align to the same place will normally rectify.

See if that works.
Thanks for the suggestion Max. I tried that out, but it didn't fix this situation. But I'll keep that in mind for next time.