PDA

View Full Version : Wall/Column Poche for Presentation Drawings

ben
2004-02-18, 06:49 PM
How can I apply a solid black fill to structual columns?

I'm working on some presentation drawings where I applied a 'course scale fill' to the walls to make them solid black.

Is there an column fill option i'm missing or a way to edit the family to diplay solid black on the coarse detail level?

Thanks!

beegee
2004-02-18, 10:41 PM
This problem has been around for a while I'm afraid.

You'll have to add a solid fill to the column. :cry:

bclarch
2004-02-18, 10:50 PM
If it is just for presentation drawings you might try turning the columns off, although I'm not sure if this will work. The fill might still have a hole since the program knows that a column is located there even if its not visible. Worth a shot though.

ben
2004-02-18, 10:55 PM
Can you apply a solid fill by editing the structural column family?

beegee
2004-02-19, 12:15 AM
No, unfortunately, you cannot apply fills to families.

I've previously tried editing the material of the family extrusion to "solid fill black" when cut, but that didn't work either.

sbrown
2004-02-19, 01:02 AM
Create a detail component that is a filled region with the same shape and parameters as your col. then load it into your col. family(nest it) then assign the parameters and reload into your project.

beegee
2004-02-19, 04:08 AM
Nice tip Scott, thanks.

I've done that for the M_Concrete Rectangular Family,... so if anyone wants it, I've post it here.

Let me know.

shaunv68276
2004-02-19, 09:32 AM
I am sure I posted this before! In any case. In the structural column family add a material parameter. The next step seems to be a BUG! In the project file assing a material to the column and in the material, set up a SURFACE pattern (not a cut pattern) to whatever you want even solid fill. The CUT pattern doesnt work!! and dont ask why!!

ben
2004-02-19, 07:00 PM
I've done that for the M_Concrete Rectangular Family,... so if anyone wants it, I've post it here.

Can you post that family here please? I'd like to look at it. Thanks

beegee
2004-02-19, 09:30 PM
Here you go.

( just looks like a black blob really..... :D )