PDA

View Full Version : Addendum

sfaust
2004-02-18, 11:22 PM
What is the best way to put part of an existing sheet onto an 8.5x11 to issue as an addendum instead of re-issuing the entire sheet? The only way I would know of is to make an image file and place it on the sheet.

If this is the only way, i would like to add a suggestion to the wishlist that revision bubbles work like callouts and add a revision view. It would be just a snapshot of a portion of the sheet...

Steve

cgrover
2004-02-18, 11:37 PM
Steve,

Could you use a callout to get the view you are looking for, but then hide that annotation in the view so just your revision cloud showed up. I haven't tried it, but sounds like it may work. I agree it would be nice if revision bubbles had a view associated with them.

grover

sfaust
2004-02-19, 10:13 PM
that's a possibility. Unfortunately, you can't put a callout on the sheet file. I put my revision bubbles on the sheet without really thinking about it.

Scratch that, it won't work because all of the notes and everything from the original view have to show up, call outs won't let that happen...

Steve_Stafford
2004-02-19, 10:57 PM
I'm inclined to say I'd "duplicate with detailing" the affected view(s) and rename to "something - Addendum #" and crop the view down to just the portion that needs to be on you sheet.

This way you can shrink the view down, keep all the detailing that is on that area and show your changes at the same time. Just delete all the view specific annotation outside your crop region since it's "redundant" and out of the view.

silverbelly
2004-07-14, 09:08 PM
The problem, as I have found, with duplicating with detailing is that once you have adjusted the clip boundaries you will not be able to remove or hide (in certain instances) annotation without deleting elevations and sections, as they are still linked to the main plan. Adjusting clip boundaries does not cover up or hide sections, elevations, keynotes, callouts or room tags. Trying to fit a clipped floor plan with annotation strewn about outside of the clip limits is frustration exemplified.

Anyone have an idea how to accomplish this revision/addendum issue?

beegee
2004-07-14, 09:56 PM
The problem, as I have found, with duplicating with detailing is that once you have adjusted the clip boundaries you will not be able to remove or hide (in certain instances) annotation without deleting elevations and sections, as they are still linked to the main plan. Adjusting clip boundaries does not cover up or hide sections, elevations, keynotes, callouts or room tags. Trying to fit a clipped floor plan with annotation strewn about outside of the clip limits is frustration exemplified.

Anyone have an idea how to accomplish this revision/addendum issue?
The annotations, keynotes, callouts and room tags in a view that has been produced by duplicate with detail are not linked to the model and can be safely deleted from the area outside the cip boundaries without affecting the original view.

Scott_Bloss
2004-07-15, 12:29 AM
i have a similar question that would relate to the discussion. How can you track the revisions when the model is changed after the drawings have been issued? I have a project that several changes are being made. is there a way to identify all the areas that are effected by the revision such as a revison tally or schedule? i am finding it difficult to track all of the changes on a fast track project. Should the revision clouds e placed in the model or on the indivual sheets?

silverbelly
2004-07-15, 04:59 PM
This is a completly new issue for our office. In earlier versions of the program, you could duplicate with detailing and have no fears about deleting extraneous annotation and the associated details, sections, etc. along with them. With the newest version of the program, we have found that duplicated plans have "live" annotation. Give it a try. I hope that I'm wrong about all of this.

beegee
2004-07-15, 10:11 PM
This is a completly new issue for our office. In earlier versions of the program, you could duplicate with detailing and have no fears about deleting extraneous annotation and the associated details, sections, etc. along with them. With the newest version of the program, we have found that duplicated plans have "live" annotation. Give it a try. I hope that I'm wrong about all of this.
I gave it a try and it works the way it always has done, ie the annotations are not "live". ( I'm using build 20040322_2136 - the one before the current build, if that makes a difference )

Maybe you should send your file to support.