PDA

View Full Version : Wall Joins

ford347
2005-09-27, 11:18 PM
I have a CMU Exterior with stucco as an ext. finish, an air layer, the a stud layer, then an int. finish of plaster. I have attached a file showing what I have done. The bottom line is, I have tried to organize my wall layers as I think they should go, but just to get the interior walls to join to the stud layer in the ext. wall, I had to use the edit/join walls tool. Very cumbersome!! I just want the interior wall to join to the stud layer in the exterior wall.....like the real world. But there is still a problem with the join, the drywall to the ext. wall stays continuous and the int. wall butts the ext. walls drywall. Can someone maybe give me a tip or two to get past this issue. Thanks!!

eldad
2005-09-28, 03:58 AM
the only thing i can think of is to change the "at ends" to interior...
working with mine.

iru69
2005-09-28, 05:27 AM
But there is still a problem with the join, the drywall to the ext. wall stays continuous and the int. wall butts the ext. walls drywall.
What does your interior wall assembly look like? Is the stud set to Structure [1] and the finish set to Finish [4]?

eldad
2005-09-28, 05:30 AM
yeah mate, 1 and 4

ejburrell67787
2005-09-28, 10:16 AM
It depends on where the core is defined on each wall. If you make the core of the partition the stud layer and make the core of the external wall the stud layer then these layers will join when you join the walls. Also worth checking the wall to see if it has 'allow join' selected. (right click on drag point - if allow join is on then you will an option to 'disallow join')

best wishes
Elrond

Merlin
2005-09-28, 10:58 AM
Hi,
I think Elrond is on the money there. Most joining issues deal with the Core Boundaries placement. Just make sure that it is in sequence with the structure from a vertical section view point. The Core Boundaries is what your Roof structure springs from (dependent on whether it rafters or trusses)
HTH
John Mc

gravelin
2005-09-28, 12:38 PM
Don't care to the name of the priority look only at the number.
They are the order you'll use to construct in real life.
First time in the core, and second time in the finishes.

A good solution could be
for ext wall
((4) Finishes ext
CORE
(2) Massony
(1) Air barrier
(2) Wood
CORE
(4) Finishes ext

for interior wall
(4) Finishes
CORE