PDA

View Full Version : Learning Assistance

thomas.stright
2005-09-28, 02:01 PM
Learning Assistance for 2006 was never Installed on a few of our boxes, Whats the best way to Install it? It's needed for out 3rd party software package documentation.

Mike.Perry
2005-09-28, 09:22 PM
Hi

Do you mean "New Features Workshop"?

If yes, you can simply load it from the AutoCAD 2006 installation CD (Add or Remove Features option).

Have a good one, Mike

thomas.stright
2005-10-03, 06:06 PM
The readme in Quickpen was refering to 2005 "Learning Assistance". You have to have the LA installed to go over the lessons in Quickpen.

Brian Myers
2005-10-03, 07:04 PM
hmmm... the only "Learning Assistance" I'm familiar with was a CD provided along with AutoCAD that you could load separately... I though it stopped being offered after AutoCAD 2002....

Brian Myers
2005-10-03, 07:10 PM
The readme in Quickpen was refering to 2005 "Learning Assistance". You have to have the LA installed to go over the lessons in Quickpen.

Perhaps it's included with your Quickpen software?

thomas.stright
2005-10-04, 10:37 AM
Perhaps it's included with your Quickpen software?
Thats a No...

Guess I'm expecting too much for a $7k add-on package....

Brian Myers
2005-10-04, 01:09 PM
Ok, I've taken a fair amount of time to do some research on this. From what I've read the "Autodesk Learning Assistance" software was last used with AutoCAD 2002. (I used to have the CD, but just got rid of it about 2 months ago.)

Oddly, the viewer for this program (what you need) used to be available as a free download from Autodesk (it looks as if it was only about 2.5mb in size) and several companies used it as a base for their help/training software.

But, for some reason, Autodesk not only discontinued it, but has since removed it from their website. While the program itself wasn't all that great (which was likely one factor in removing it) the biggest factor was likely the internet and being able to access most of the info directly from there.

So where does that leave you? Well, the original CD Autodesk sent out was over 200mb in size (according to Autodesk's "help") but the viewer itself was likely very small (as stated above, the links I've found say it was less than 3mb... but none of the links work today as they all point to the Autodesk website).

So unless someone has it and can share it with you... I'd likely contact the software company and see if they have a copy sitting around the office they might send you. (They had to test it on something...)

I hope this helps a little...

thomas.stright
2005-10-04, 01:13 PM
Thanks Brian, I'm sure I can dig up a '02 CD around here somewhere....

Brian Myers
2005-10-04, 01:50 PM
Thanks Brian, I'm sure I can dig up a '02 CD around here somewhere....

I believe it came separate from the base '02 CD but it came in that same '02 Box. I believe mine was silver and said "Learning Assistance" on it with black letters...

If you can't find it... you might ask your local Reseller, you can bet they have it sitting around in a box gathering dust...

arcadia_x27
2005-10-04, 03:44 PM
Thomas,

I have a copy of it if you cant find anyone who has it. I dont think i can share learning content(licenseing issues and all) but the viewer I dont think will be any problem if it was freely available on the web.