PDA

View Full Version : Creating a topography from autocad

Max Lloyd
2005-09-28, 04:49 PM
Hi Guys,

I've done this plenty of times before, but for some unknown reason, its decided to stop working!

I've got a dwg survey, with all the usual amount of layers in it, then one layer called '_pnts_3d' which has a series of 3d points which were created as node points in acad.

So, import into revit, paying attention to the units of measurement etc. Go to my 3d view, spin it round, I can see the 3d points floating around above the main drawing. Go to site tools, topography, select 'use imported', filter the layers down to to just _pnts_3d, and select create surface. Trouble is, nothing is created!

I've tried doing it with all the layers selected, and it picks up all the regular lines and creates a big, flat surface, but it wont pick up the node points! I'm positive I've done this using points before. Can anyone explain why this might be? Is there a setting within revit that could have changed, or am I mistaken????

Weird, weird, weird.

I've attached the file in question, its a survey so (not that it really matters) the import units should be in metres.

Max.

aggockel50321
2005-09-28, 05:23 PM
It won't import with just points. You need lines.

You can, however in 8.1 import the points as a txt file. If the point info is strored as a blocks in acad, you should be able to export the point locations as a text file, & then do the import.

gravelin
2005-09-28, 05:33 PM
go into the ACAD file
place a very little circle on each point (A lisp can do it if you know someone who can do it for you)

then import the ACAD file

I do it for you in few minutes (only 466 points)

Max Lloyd
2005-09-28, 06:48 PM
Thanks Andrew for clarifying. I must be going mad, I could swear I had done it with points before....

Yves, merci d'avoir pris le temps de repondre. Votre aide a ete tres appreciee. A bientot!!

Max